The team at Thriveworks believes that every single person out there can find value in working with a counselor or therapist. And we are committed to our mission that is helping others live happy, successful lives—or, in one word, thrive—of which, counseling plays a significant role.
Our providers at Thriveworks Willow Grove are experts in their field: they have the necessary skills, education, training, and experience that is necessary to leading a successful therapeutic journey. Additionally (and perhaps most importantly) they’re passionate about helping their clients lead better lives. They want to help you overcome the challenges in your life; they want to guide you toward greater health, happiness, and fulfillment. And they can accomplish this mission in in-person counseling or online counseling therapy.
What Is It Like to Work with a Mental Health Professional?
Mental health professionals take on a lot of different roles, which can depend on you and your specific situation. That said, the end goal is always the same: to offer life-changing assistance and guidance to their clients. These challenges and hurdles that clients present in therapy can vary greatly—however, the following are commonly discussed in therapy:
- Unhealthy thoughts
- Harmful habits (like drinking or overspending)
- Depression, anxiety, or other disorders
- Relationship issues
- Major life transitions
- Career changes
- Stress management
These are just a few items on a lengthy list of counseling topics. Whatever you’re dealing with, a therapist, counselor, or life coach at Thriveworks Willow Grove can help you through it. They’ll come up with a unique treatment plan based on the challenge(s) you present, and walk beside you as you learn to manage or resolve the given issue. Here’s a clearer picture for you:
- Lately, you just haven’t felt like yourself. You’ve felt super sad, and you just can’t put your finger on why. “I mean, I have a great job, an amazing boyfriend, and the best friends you could ever ask for. Yet, I feel hopeless. So, what gives?” you think to yourself. Finally, you open up about your feelings to your parents, and they express their concern for your mental health. This leads to your scheduling an appointment with a counselor. After explaining your symptoms, you’re diagnosed with minor depression. But after just a month of therapy, you’re feeling better than you have in a long time. Each week, your counselor helps you challenge your negative thoughts, of which has helped you exponentially.
- Your relationship has been extra rocky lately. And while you can’t determine one specific cause of the discord, you know there must be an underlying issue that needs attention. After trying to ride it out for a few months—in hopes your relationship would repair itself—you mention couples counseling to your significant other. And surprisingly enough, she agrees to give it a shot. In just a few sessions, your counselor helps you to identify and address a few problems. You have a solid plan for communicating more effectively, confiding in each other about your feelings, and making more one on one time. Things are looking up.
Scheduling a Session at Thriveworks Willow Grove
Did either of the above scenarios resonate with you? At the very least, we hope you see just how helpful and beneficial therapy can be for different individuals: those in a depressive state, those who feel uncertain about their relationship, and countless of others who could use a little professional guidance. If you think you could benefit from a counselor, therapist, or life coach’s assistance, book with Thriveworks Willow Grove today. All you have to do is give us a call to schedule an appointment. When you do, you can expect a smooth process. Here’s what else you can expect:
- Promptness: You could meet with your therapist, counselor, or life coach within 24 hours of calling (if so desired). Many new clients have their first appointment the very next day after speaking with a scheduling specialist.
- Flexibility: If your schedule doesn’t allow for a weekday or daytime appointment, that’s okay! We also offer weekend and evening sessions. Our providers understand that “normal” hours aren’t always realistic.
- Professionalism: The mental health professionals at Thriveworks are the best of the best: they have the expertise to help you, as well as the attitude and dedication.
Are you ready to get started? Are you searching for online counseling services? Give us a call at (267) 685-3197 to get set up with a counselor, therapist, or life coach at Thriveworks Willow Grove.