Death brings about the strongest and most profound emotions we can have in our lifetime. But these feelings do not need to bring on despair or a feeling of hopelessness. When a beloved family member, friend or a pet dies, the feelings we have can be overwhelming and sometimes last a long time. The grieving process can begin before a loss, and it can endure long afterward. If you are suffering through the loss of a loved one, the professionals at Thriveworks Mt. Pleasant Counseling can help you ease the pain. Counseling can help you through this most difficult time, providing you with solace and the tools you need to help you recover from the loss you have suffered.
How Grief and Loss Counseling Can Help
When we suffer a loss, we are likely to wonder if our feelings are normal and how long they will last. A number of questions can arise. The therapists at Thriveworks Mt. Pleasant Counseling can help you navigate these difficult questions and support you through your bereavement. If you are asking yourself any of these questions, loss therapy is a good step to take.
- How could this happen? Why has this happened? I feel mad at the world.
- How long does grief last? When will I feel OK again?
- I regret not having spent more time or caring for my loved one. How do I overcome this regret?
- I lost my loved one suddenly and unexpectedly, and I wasn’t able to emotionally or mentally prepare. How do I deal with the grief that has blindsided me?
- Sometimes the sadness I feel is unbearable. How do I start to feel better?
- I’m worried I’m going to lose others who are close to me. How do I cope with this fear?
- Is it OK to sometimes temporarily forget about the loss? How do I deal with the guilt I feel when this happens?
- I feel like I have nothing to talk about except my loss. How do I change this?
- What do I say to people who ask if there’s anything they can do for me?
If you would like to talk to a therapist about any of these topics or others that you’re trying to work through, call us at Thriveworks Mt. Pleasant Counseling to schedule your appointment. Our phone number is 843-606-6223.
How to Cope with Death and Loss
There are several ways to cope with loss while staying healthy and processing very strong emotions.
- Stay connected: Getting support from family and friends is one of the most important things you can do in the midst of grief and loss
- Be good to yourself: Be sure to get enough sleep, eat well and take short walks. These things help you feel normal during a very difficult and unfamiliar time
- Talk about it: Seek help from a professional therapist who is trained in grief counseling and who can help you work through difficult emotions in a healthy way
Thriveworks Grief and Loss Counseling in Mt. Pleasant
Thriveworks therapists are experienced in helping clients understand, process, and move through the loss of a loved one. We are here to help you. For your convenience, we offer day and evening appointments often within 24 hours of when you first contact us.
We are conveniently located adjacent to the Queensborough Shopping Center at 1131 Queensborough Blvd., #100 in Mt. Pleasant. Call to schedule your appointment with a Thriveworks therapist today. Our phone number is 843-606-6223.