If there is one thing we can all agree on, it’s that we all struggle and we experience intense emotions that we’d rather not. The good comes, but so does the bad—and when it rains, it pours. In other words, sometimes there is one bad thing after another, and we just can’t win. But still, even then, it is important to accept the difficult situations and emotions that come and do our best to deal with them. The problem, though, is that we can enter a deep sadness that sticks around and even worsens with time. And everything we do to attempt to get over this hump proves unsuccessful.
This is when it is time to reach out for professional help. If you enter a deep sadness or despair that you can’t get out of, you might be depressed. Depression is a mental illness, which can stem from many different causes or occur for no apparent reason at all. Fortunately, it is also a very treatable illness and there are medical professionals dedicated to helping depressed individuals find happiness again.
“You can live well with a mental illness. It may take time, but it’s worth it. You deserve to live a happy and healthy life.” –Demi Lovato
Thriveworks Counseling in Milford has depression therapists who are specialists at helping clients with depression. They have devoted their time and effort into possessing the skills, training, and experience it takes to help people just like you manage their symptoms and live better. Start a partnership today with one of our depression therapists and experience the benefits yourself. You can schedule an appointment today, or whenever you are ready, by simply giving us a call. We look forward to working with you and helping you to live a happier, healthier life.
New Haven Depression Therapy: What Are the Symptoms of Depression?
The symptoms of depression can vary from person to person. That said, there are a few things that are prevalent in victims of depression: They feel a deep level of despair and have lost interest in day to day living or activities they once enjoyed. Here are additional symptoms of depression:
- Difficulty sleeping
- Irritability or moodiness
- Significant changes in weight or appetite
- Feelings of guilt or hopelessness
- Lack of focus
- Suicidal thoughts
As you might already know, the symptoms above can prove harmful. This makes it important that you get professional help as soon as possible. The depression therapists at Thriveworks Counseling in New Haven can help you work through these symptoms before they cause you any more harm. Our ultimate goal is to help you accomplish your therapy goals and live a happy, healthy life.
How Can Working with a Depression Therapist at Thriveworks Counseling Help?
Depression can make you feel hopeless, guilty, worthless, and completely disconnected from the life you know and love. We want to help you nip these harmful symptoms in the bud and find happiness again. Whenever you are ready to get help, reach out to Thriveworks in Milford. When you call us to schedule an appointment, here is what you can expect from us:
- A scheduling specialist will answer your call and assist you with the quick and easy process of scheduling your appointment! They will ask you a few basic questions and then list your flexible scheduling options, which include evenings and weekends. They’ll make sure to set you up with someone who specializes in helping clients with depression.
- When you come in for your appointment, you’ll experience a welcoming, relaxed environment. This is just another small way we work to provide you with the best experience from beginning to end.
- Your therapist or counselor will call you in for your appointment on time or even early, if you are ready to get started. We know that time is valuable, and we want to kickstart the process as soon as possible.
- When you leave your session, you’ll have access to your provider via email or phone call. Your therapist will do their best to answer any non-emergency questions or comments that you send their way.
Here at our office, we truly care about each and every one of our clients. And we believe that everyone can find value in working with a skilled, caring therapist, counselor, or coach. See for yourself; schedule an appointment at Thriveworks Counseling when you are ready.