Anxiety Disorder Therapy in Milford, CT—New Haven Therapy for Anxiety
Do you suffer from anxiety symptoms, like excessive worry or racing thoughts? Do you suspect that you have an anxiety disorder? This might be concerning, but don’t worry. There is help available. Here at Thriveworks Milford, we offer anxiety disorder therapy, which is led by skilled, caring professionals in the mental health field. These professionals can help you control your negative thoughts and out-of-control worry.
“Don’t believe every worried thought you have. Worried thoughts are notoriously inaccurate.” –Renee Jain
If you are ready to schedule an anxiety disorder therapy appointment, reach out to Thriveworks Milford in New Haven today. Give us a call at (203) 951-3871 and a scheduling specialist will walk you through our quick, easy scheduling process. We look forward to hearing from you and helping you live a happier, healthier life.
What Is Anxiety?
Occasional anxiety is normal and something that we all experience. You might feel anxious at work when your boss calls you in for an unexpected meeting; or, you might feel anxious about your four-year-old starting preschool. But, when this occasional anxiety turns into excessive everyday anxiety, that is when it becomes a problem.
Anxiety disorders are more severe than temporary and occasional worry. They are often serious and can disturb your day to day functioning as well as your performance at work or school. Here are common anxiety symptoms:
- Excessive worry
- Racing or unwanted thoughts
- Feeling of impending doom
- Lack of concentration
These symptoms are common in people with an anxiety disorder. If you are exhibiting any combination of the above, don’t worry. There is help available, including anxiety medication and therapy!
Let’s talk about the latter. Anxiety therapy has shown to be an effective measure of treatment and often involves talking with your therapist or psychologist about your anxiety symptoms, potential causes of your anxiety disorder, as well as how to manage (or even eliminate) your anxiety. A common approach to anxiety therapy is cognitive behavioral therapy, which can help you change your thoughts that lead to anxiety and other negative feelings. If this sounds like something you’re interested in or could benefit from, reach out to Thriveworks Milford in New Haven, CT.
Do I Have an Anxiety Disorder?
If you experience anxiety that exceeds everyday or occasional worry, you might be wondering if you have an anxiety disorder. Many are familiar with generalized anxiety disorder, but there are many other forms of anxiety too, including social anxiety, panic disorder, and specific phobia. Let’s take a closer look at these anxiety disorders:
- Generalized anxiety disorder: Generalized anxiety disorder is characterized by everyday worry that becomes uncontrollable and/or excessive. This form of anxiety is commonly known and affects 40 million adults in the US.
- Social anxiety disorder: Social anxiety disorder, otherwise known as social phobia, is characterized by intense anxiety of being negatively perceived, judged, or rejected. This disorder affects 15 million American adults.
- Panic disorder: Panic disorder diagnosis is given to people who experience recurrent panic attacks, sometimes referred to as anxiety attacks, that occur randomly. Symptoms include sweating, shortness of breath, and chest pain. Approximately 2.4 million Americans have panic disorder in any given year.
- Specific phobia: Specific phobia is an anxiety disorder that develops from an irrational fear related to a specific thing or situation. For example, agoraphobia is an anxiety disorder rooted in the fear of places or situations that cause one to feel trapped or helpless. An estimated 10 million individuals have a specific phobia.
Do you have anxiety symptoms that fit with any of the above anxiety disorders? If so, consider working with an anxiety therapist or psychologist at Thriveworks Milford in New Haven. These professionals have specific skills and training that enable them to help you manage your anxiety symptoms, whether you struggle from generalized anxiety disorder, social anxiety, anxiety attacks, a specific phobia, or another anxiety disorder that did not make this list.
Schedule an Anxiety Disorder Therapy Appointment at Thriveworks Milford in New Haven
If you are struggling with anxiety symptoms or think that you might have an anxiety disorder on your hands, reach out to Thriveworks Milford in New Haven. We can set you up with a qualified anxiety disorder therapist or psychologist who can help you manage your symptoms, using their skills, training, and experience.
Are you ready to schedule an anxiety disorder therapy appointment? Give Thriveworks Milford a call at (203) 951-3871. We’ll introduce you to our premium benefits such as our extended hours, which includes evening and weekend availability. Then, we’ll help you set up your first session at your earliest convenience. Reach out today to schedule!