Family Therapy and Counseling – Therapists and Counselors in Johnson City
Everyone wants the perfect family life yet the reality is that families can be challenging at times for all sorts of reasons. This doesn’t always mean anyone’s necessarily to blame, it just means at some point, somehow the family loses its way and runs into problems. It can happen to the best of us. Divorcing couples and kids going through adolescence, or a combination of the two things, can inject mayhem into the lives of any ordinary family.
No one likes to think they need family counseling or family therapy of some kind, but it’s nothing to feel ashamed about or fearful of. If what you’ve been trying hasn’t worked, perhaps it’s time to try something new. Third party help may be the ideal solution to your own problems.
Family Challenges in Modern Times
Busy families face a lot of challenges in modern times. Overly hectic lifestyles don’t help matters, either. Even so, it’s quite possible to find balance and restore a little harmony in the home with the right guidance. Below are some common issues that families have to confront these days. There are many others too, but these are quite typical:
- Ongoing conflicts between certain family members
- Child behavioral symptoms (inattentiveness, hyperactivity, impulsiveness, etc.)
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
- Behavioral problems in adolescents
- Severe depression
- Parental breakups (intermittent or permanent)
- Arguing parents
- Violence (physical or emotional)
The list above could go on of course. These are a few of the things that often disrupt harmony in a home when allowed to fester. Qualified family counseling in Bristol helps to bridge differences and heal the rifts that can destroy home life.
Systemic therapy strives to:
- Rebuild areas that are torn down (physical, emotional and psychological)
- Form new bonds and establish better relationships among family members
- Lend a sympathetic ear and show genuine guidance in sensitive issues
- Create environments where family members feel comfortable to open up and share
Our family therapists have been helping folks to restore equilibrium in their homes for a long time now. Perhaps we can help you too. A simple phone call is a great way to find out if we can offer the solutions to your problems.