You might not realize it, but setting, working toward, and reaching meaningful goals is crucial to life satisfaction. Not to mention it plays a significant role in your mental health and wellbeing. Think about it: when you don’t have any goals to dedicate time and effort to—or you’ve set goals but you aren’t making any progress—you feel a little off. Whether it’s feeling restless, lonely, maybe even a little self-conscious, these uncomfortable feelings can have detrimental effects on your mood and make you feel pretty unhappy.
What does all of this mean? Well, hopefully, it has made you realize just how important constant forward motion (or excelling in life) is. Now, if you have a difficult time prioritizing your goals and actually getting stuff done, you can’t properly engage in constant forward motion. You have to find a way to keep yourself accountable so that you continue making these strides. If you lack the motivation, and you’re suffering as a result, there is a probable solution available to you: working with an accountability coach at Thriveworks Johnson City. Your accountability coach will serve as your motivator, your enabler, and your cheerleader. They’ll help to keep you on track and in line with your goals. If this sounds like something you’re interested in, give Thriveworks in Johnson City, TN a call. Our providers are prepared and excited to meet with you.
How Can Working With an Accountability Coach Benefit Me?
An accountability coach is simply someone who keeps you accountable. Yep, it’s that simple! They keep you accountable for your goals, for day-to-day tasks, perhaps even deadlines at work. You tell them what you need help with, and they’re there to fulfill that need.
Oftentimes, the biggest obstacle in the way of achieving our goals is a lack of motivation… which leads to our putting these goals on the backburner. Your accountability coach can help to reinvigorate your desire to achieve—they can give you a little nudge when you need it; they can remind you of why your goals are important; and they can assist you in additional ways, of which you will discuss and determine when you meet your coach. Additionally, you and your coach will answer questions like…
1. What role do you want your accountability coach to play in your life? Your accountability coach can be as involved or uninvolved as you like. If you’d like them to call and check in with you once a week, that’ll work. If you’d prefer they call and check in every couple of days, that’ll work too. Discuss how exactly you’d like them to keep you accountable for your goals and tasks, as well as how often.
2. What are your responsibilities? You and your accountability coach will work together to see your goals come to fruition. That means you have to put in some work too! Talk with your coach about what you should be doing on your own time. When do you plan to accomplish this goal? How will you keep track of your progress? What consequences will you face when you fail to reach a goal? They’ll help you to answer these questions and put a clear process in place.
Should I Work With an Accountability Coach? How Else Can They Help?
In addition to keeping you accountable, accountability coaches can offer you additional guidance for accomplishing what you’ve set out to accomplish. For example, they can help you come up with goals you’ll actually achieve, or in other words, they can help you set S.M.A.R.T. goals:
- Specific: The “S” in S.M.A.R.T. stands for specific: meaning that the goal you set should be a clear goal, one you’re able to define.
- Measurable: Your goal should also be measurable. Are you able to keep track of your progress? If not, how will you ever know if you’re close to achieving your goal?
- Attainable: Next, is your goal realistic? It should be within reach, but it should challenge you at the same time.
- Relevant: And how relevant is your goal? It should be a goal that matters and matches your values/life mission.
- Time-Bound: Lastly, you need to specify some time constraints. Be clear about when you want to reach this goal (and any smaller goals in between).
These are just the basics of creating a S.M.A.R.T. goal—your accountability coach will explain these further. And, of course, their services won’t stop there. They will help employ varying methods to help you achieve your goals and, in turn, live a happier, more fulfilled life.
Meet with a Coach at Thriveworks in Johnson City TN Today
If you think that you could benefit from working with an accountability coach—a mental health professional who will simply keep you accountable for your goals and your life on track—reach out to Thriveworks in Johnson City, TN. Our providers are the best in the business, and they’re ready to make a difference in your life. To schedule an appointment with one of our coaches, or to hear more about our services, give us a call at (423) 491-4202. We’re looking forward to it!