Online Counseling with Johnson City, TN—Washington County
Counseling has been known for years to improve your mental health. But what could that mean for you? Will you revive a strained relationship? Overcome depression, anxiety, or another mental health concern? Take a crucial step towards your dream life?
“We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” -Randy Pausch
Thriveworks Johnson City, TN in Washington County is now offering online counseling as an innovative way to ensure everyone can talk to a counselor and takes step towards a healthier, happier life. If you want to schedule an online appointment with Thriveworks Johnson City, call at (423) 491-4202.
What Is Online Counseling?
Online counseling is easy to use and incredibly beneficial. The two forms of communication used in online counseling are phone counseling and video counseling. With phone counseling, your counselor will call you for your scheduled appointment and everything proceeds as normal! With video counseling, your counselor will send you a link to follow. All you need is a comfortable spot and Wi-Fi. It’s as easy as that!
Not everyone can drive to a counseling session once a week. Tight schedules and bad weather can get in the way of counseling. Telehealth circumnavigates those situations by being easy to use and accessible. The best part is that the actual counseling won’t change. Thriveworks Johnson City will still deliver nonjudgmental, empathetic counseling.
Is Online Counseling for Me?
In these unprecedented times of the coronavirus outbreak, online counseling might be the only option you have to receive mental and behavioral health guidance. Although shelter-in-place orders and social distancing have changed our day-to-day routines, online counseling with Thriveworks Johnson City is a way to bring a sense of normalcy and control back into your life. People have found teletherapy via phone or video counseling beneficial for reasons including:
- It’s convenient: If your counselor’s office was a ten-minute drive and you were scheduled for an hour appointment, you would need to block out about an hour and a half for counseling. While worth it, online counseling takes out commuting time, so it is even more fruitful for you. You can squeeze in a professional counseling session between cooking dinner and your nightly walk!
- It’s comfortable: Research has shown that the more at ease you are with your surroundings the more likely you are to open up and make progress. Thriveworks Johnson City always has welcoming, comforting rooms and counselors, but some people are just more comfortable at home.
- It’s reliable: No longer do you have to worry about road conditions or traffic. You counselor is just a text or email away. Online therapy is flexible and easily rescheduled or adjusted. It takes less time to set up and arrive than it does to make your coffee!
- It’s affordable: Most insurances cover teletherapy. Thriveworks Johnson City also offers affordable self-pay rates. If you have questions about either method, reach out today.
- It’s safe: With Thriveworks Johnson City, you don’t have to worry about sketchy video apps or the risk of being recorded or hacked. Your online counseling sessions are just as confidential and safe as your in-person sessions.
- It’s individualized: Online counseling allows you greater freedom to choose your counselor and individualize your counseling session. Thriveworks Johnson City counselors are specialized in a wide range of areas and will always meet you where you’re at.
Thriveworks Johnson City has and will be prepared to accompany you on your journey whether in the office or virtually. Whatever new challenges you face, we will be here for you.
Online Counseling During the Coronavirus Outbreak
Social distancing and even social isolating are vital if we are to beat the coronavirus pandemic. However, it can put an additional strain on already difficult situations like unhealthy relationships or deteriorating mental health. Online counseling can be an essential part of staying healthy during this time.
Thriveworks Johnson City acknowledges the hardships this pandemic brings. Some of us are nervous about at-risk loved ones. Others have been hit hard financially as the economy pulls back to prevent the spread. Still others feel weighed down by the sheer impact this pandemic has had on our community.
Thriveworks Johnson City wants to remind you:
You are not alone. You are strong and we will get through this.
We have seen our community come together in unprecedented ways, each day further exemplifying strength and perseverance. We are doing our part by offering online counseling so you can continue to live and thrive from the safety of your home.
It is always worth reaching out to a therapist. (We all have areas in which we can improve, after all!) If you are experiencing abnormal distress, however, we recommend you reach out sooner rather than later. Examples of this include:
- You’re experiencing symptoms of Coronavirus Anxiety. It’s a real thing! Looping thoughts, thinking of the worst-case scenario, obsessively checking the news, and stomach pains are all signs this virus is impacting you in negative ways. Talking to a professional can help.
- You’re feeling lonely. It may seem like a small thing that everyone is going through, but that’s not true. Feeling lonely is a big deal and if we’re not proactive, it can spiral into mental illness like depression. Counseling is a way to help alleviate your loneliness by providing coping skills, unconditional regard, and vital human interaction.
- You have a child or adolescent who is having trouble adjusting. School is an important part of a child’s daily life. With the sudden lack of it and extra-curriculars, your child might be feeling despondent, lonely, anxious, or lost. Counseling can help ground them and remind them that there is life beyond this pandemic.
The challenges you face today are difficult and frightening, but they are possible to overcome. Thriveworks Johnson City is here to help bear the burden so we can all come out of this stronger.
Online Counseling in Johnson City, TN, Washington County
Telehealth is an innovative way to receive professional mental and behavioral health from the comfort and convenience of your home. If you’re ready to take the steps toward a healthier, happier you, give Thriveworks Johnson City a call today at (423) 491-4202.