Life Coaching – Therapists and Counselors in Denver, CO
Coach Eric Taylor brought his team together in a huddle before another big game. Making eye contact with each player, Coach Taylor told them, “Opportunity does not knock. It presents itself when you beat down the door.” Inspired, his team went onto the field and beat down the door. Eric Taylor may be a fictional coach, but he inspired real people who faithfully tuned into Friday Night Lights. His famous line, “Clear eyes. Full hearts. Can’t lose” has become a coaching hallmark. Like many real-life people who sit under an excellent coach, Eric Taylor’s players achieved more on and off the field than anyone could have hoped for them. Many people in the audience surely wished they had a Coach Taylor in their own life—inspiring, guiding, challenging, and encouraging. Many people have turned that desire into action, and they are working with a life coach.
“To excel at the highest level—or any level, really—you need to believe in yourself, and hands down, one of the biggest contributors to my self-confidence has been private coaching.” —Stephen Curry
Life coaching has many similarities to athletic coaching, and many of the principles and techniques of life coaching are based upon those in athletics. Coaching know their players’ weaknesses and strengths—on the field, on the job, in relationships, or in any context. Coaches know how to capitalize those strengths and offset those weaknesses. Coaches keep their clients focused upon proactively moving forward toward a sell-defined goal. In any context, life coaches can be the key to anybody’s success.
Even successful NBA all-star, Steph Curry, utilizes coaching on and off the court. Everybody needs encouragement, guidance, support, and inspiration in life. That is why Thriveworks Denver offer life coaching—our professionals are ready to help people achieve their goals.
Life Coaching and Goal Setting
A big part of life coaching is helping people set goals for their personal and professional lives. A well-set goal can bring focus and excitement to people’s lives. Goals help people focus upon what matters most to them, and the research is clear: people who set goals are high achievers. As soon as many people hear the words, “goal setting” they might tune out, thinking that goals are only for forcing oneself to do those things no one really wants to do: floss our teeth, cut out sugar, organize our basement. However, life coaches are teaching many people how goal setting can be exciting, not tedious.
Goals are just a different word for priorities. When people set goals, they make sure that they prioritize what is more important to them—what they love and excites them. Andrew Carnegie put it this way, “If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy and inspires your hopes.”
How do goals do so much to help people? Goals may allow people to…
- Say, “no” when distractions and interruptions pull them away from what matters most. Goals can boost people’s self-control.
- Say, “yes” to what matters most. Goals can boost meaningful steps forward and allow people to focus their energy and attention upon what matters most.
- Align their internal values with their external actions. Goals can bring meaningful integration into people’s lives.
- Find motivation to overcome inevitable roadblocks and setbacks. Goals can give a motivating light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel.
Life Coaching for Every Facet of Life
Life coaching can be for all of life. Often, people utilize a life coach as they advance through their career, but life coaches can work with people on making goals and achieving in any areas of life. For example, clients have worked with life coaches at Thriveworks Denver to make goals for their…
- Finances: What do you want to accomplish with the money you have? Optimize your earnings? Increase charitable giving? Pay off a debt? Plan for early retirement? What would it look like to reorganize your life to accomplish what you want?
- Attitude: What type of person do you want to be? Do you want to be more patient? Joyful? Kind?
- Physical health: How is your relationship with your body? Is there a health goal that could improve your well-being?
- Adventures: Where do you refreshed and excited and alive? How can fun and adventure become a part of your life?
- Career: What skills do you have to contribute to the world? What do you enjoy in a work environment? What is the right career path for you?
- Relationships: Who is in your life and how are those relationships? What steps can be made to improve those connections?
Setting Up an Appointment with One of Thriveworks Denver’s Life Coaches
What is happening in your life right now? Are you ready to have someone in your life who encourages you? Inspires you? Challenges you? Holds you accountable? If so, you might be ready to start working with a life coach. If you are ready to meet with a life coach, Thriveworks Denver has coaches who are ready to meet with you. When you call our office, know that a person, one of our scheduling specialists, will answer and help you make an appointment. You may have your first appointment within 24 hours. We offer evening and weekend session. Our professionals also are credentialed with many insurance companies so they can accept many forms of insurance.
Let’s work together. Call Thriveworks Denver today for a life coaching appointment.