Andrew doesn’t like long drives—in fact, he’s not a fan of driving at all. But today, Andrew is driving 200 miles back to an old friend’s house, to pick up belongings he’d left behind nearly six months ago. Even though Andrew and his friend Evan are no longer speaking to one another, Andrew knows that his ex-friend is being generous by letting him pick up his things, despite the fight that had ended their friendship earlier this year. With another 4 hours to reflect on his choices, Andrew is seeing that he may have played a larger role in destroying his friendship with Evan than he realized.
After some thought, Andrew decides that he wants to schedule a session with a psychologist to understand what happened between himself and Evan and to hopefully unpack some of the tightly held emotions that are bottled inside. It feels strange to be so worked up over a friendship, but Andrew has few meaningful connections outside of Evan. He hopes that by talking to a mental health professional, he may be able to reconnect with his friend someday in the future.
Like Andrew, life can hit us with realizations or events that leave us scrambling to process the situation. Thankfully, taking a moment to consider mental health services can make a huge difference. That’s why at Thriveworks in Waco, TX, we have industry-leading psychologists to help. Our psychology team is ready to partner with you—so give our office a call to start attending therapy or counseling sessions with a psychologist at Thriveworks.
What Is a Psychologist? Can They Help Me Feel Better?
Psychologists are highly trained and licensed mental health professionals. They’re able to diagnose and treat many different types of mental health conditions and offer their clients relief and the chance to express themselves through talk and behavioral therapy sessions. Psychologists can help to treat a vast array of different conditions and situations, including:
- Difficulty processing a divorce or breakup
- Self-esteem issues
- Relationship problems
- Child or teen behavioral issues
- The loss of a friend or family member
- Financial or work-related stress
Don’t be concerned if your specific issue or situation isn’t listed above–these are just a few of the many different ways that a psychologist can help. In fact, that’s why it’s so important to talk candidly with your psychologist about what’s troubling you. By doing so, they can understand your situation and perspective more. With your feedback, a psychologist can help you find healing strategies that work best for you and your needs.
Communicate and Connect with Your Psychologist Through Online Therapy
At Thriveworks in Waco, TX you can connect with your psychologist virtually through our online counseling and therapy services. Find more flexibility and convenience when it comes to talking with your provider. Connect from home, on the go, or while traveling. Additionally, online counseling may be an attractive option if you’re looking to:
- Avoid any potential anxiety or embarrassment that arises for some people during in-person sessions.
- Engage with your therapist over the phone or video as you both explore the sources and effects of anxiety, sadness, relationship issues, and more.
- Meet with your therapist anywhere, as long as you have a solid internet connection and a private space to speak during your session
Schedule Therapy or Counseling with a Psychologist at Thriveworks in Waco, TX
Although mental health conditions and difficult circumstances can get us down, mental health services can speed along our recovery. When you’re ready to see a psychologist at Thriveworks in Waco, TX, call our office. Our committed team of scheduling specialists is available to assist you with everything from finding the right provider to scheduling the best session time to fit your needs. Thriveworks also offers you the option to enroll in our services; as an enrollee, you’ll have access to exclusive benefits not often offered by other providers, including:
- Evening and weekend session times: Life can be hectic. Make the time for everyone to connect with our flexible scheduling options.
- 23.5-hour cancellation policy: Life happens, and we get it. Just let us know if you aren’t going up to 23.5 hours before your scheduled appointment and there’s no charge.
- Email access to your provider: Stay in touch in between appointments. It’s another way we’ll add peace of mind to your therapy experience.
- A life coach Q/A chat line: Your questions don’t have to wait until the next appointment. Get the expert advice and insight of a Thriveworks life coach.
Take the time to consider whether partnering with one of our psychologists at Thriveworks in Waco, TX could help you find solid ground. By talking with one of our mental health professionals, they’ll be able to provide you with newfound support, stability, and the confidence you need to make better mental health a reality.