June and her boyfriend Kevin have been experiencing tension for the past several months. Things haven’t always been perfect between the two of them, but they still love each other and Julie knows that what they have is worthwhile. That’s exactly why their incessant arguments and spats have been so frustrating–both of them know that things could be going differently.
But instead of giving up, June wants to talk with a couples therapist to find solutions to their relationship’s difficulties. She hopes that attending therapy will help them learn to communicate more effectively and ensure that they’re able to support each other. With the guidance and support of a couples therapist, June is looking forward to improving their relationship.
Like June and Parker, you may also be looking to confide in a couples therapist or marriage counselor because of turmoil in your relationship. At Thriveworks in Waco, TX our therapists and counselors are here to offer you both a way to reconnect and communicate healthily and effectively. Take time to consider whether you and your loved one could benefit from professional services with Thriveworks in Waco, TX.
Do We Need Relationship Counseling?
Deciding to talk with a couples therapist or marriage counselor is an independent decision that you’ll need to make between you and your partner. However, there are common indications of unhealthy relationship dynamics that can be improved via therapy, including:
- Arguments that last for days or weeks
- Passive-aggressive communication methods
- Inability to respect each other’s boundaries
- Cheating or emotional infidelity
- One or more partners avoiding physical touch or sex
- Lying and other forms of emotional manipulation
If you’re experiencing any of the following issues in your relationship, it’s important to remember that you can find solutions with the assistance of one of our couples therapists or marriage counselors. Even if the issues you’re faced with are different than what’s listed, that’s okay. Talking with a provider can help you to understand and address the unique needs of your relationship with your partner.
What Are the Benefits of Couples Therapy or Marriage Counseling?
While one session can’t fix everything at play in your relationship, you and your partner can start establishing a connection with your provider from the moment you meet. Your Thriveworks therapist or counselor will be committed to ensuring that both of you get the insight and support you need to start making proactive changes in your relationship. A couples therapist or marriage counselor at Thriveworks in Waco, TX can act as a mediator and guide as you learn to:
- Rebuild trust after infidelity or dishonesty
- Rekindle sexual intimacy together
- Manage strong emotions like anger or anxiety
- Establish healthy boundaries for communication
- Highlight the importance and need for compromise
Talking together with a therapist or counselor at Thriveworks in Waco, TX can start to rebuild the connection that’s been damaged by lack of trust and hard feelings. And with our virtual session options, you and your partner can attend online counseling or therapy sessions with your shared provider. You’ll be able to still prioritize your relationship’s needs from home, the office, or while traveling.
Schedule a Relationship Counseling Session at Thriveworks in Waco, TX
When you both decide that couples therapy or marriage counseling is right for you, our counselors and therapists at Thriveworks in Waco, TX will be here to support you. And when you call our office to connect with a mental health professional, expect to talk with your provider soon—most of our clients attend their first session within 24-48 hours of first contacting us. Reach out to us to begin the enrollment process—doing so will unlock a host of great benefits, including:
- Online therapy: With online therapy, moving your relationship forward doesn’t need to be held up by your busy schedule or time spent apart for work or travel. As long as you can talk privately and get access to the internet, you and your partner can still attend sessions together.
- Scheduling assistance 7 days a week: Our scheduling specialists are available every day of the week, helping you find the right counselor to fit your needs and the schedule that fits both of your lives.
- 23.5-hour cancellations: If something comes up or you aren’t feeling well, rest assured that you won’t be charged for missing your session, as long as you give us a 23.5-hour notice.
- Same and next-day session availability: Skip the lines with same-day and next-day availability with your couples therapist or marriage counselor.
When we feel secure and content, our relationships are often incredibly rewarding. However, when issues arise, getting the help you need from a couples therapist or marriage counselor could offer you both a way to keep moving forward. If you and your partner are interested in talking with a marriage counselor or couples therapist about the challenges your relationship is faced with, call Thriveworks in Waco, TX today.