Keeping track of how often we might feel anxious can be difficult. Especially when our busy lives warrant a lot of attention. There are probably a lot of triggers that come to mind when you consider what makes you feel anxious, like:
- Relationships and friendships
- Personal health
- Regrets about the past
- Worries about the future
These are just some possible triggers of anxiety. And it makes sense—after all, these are some of the most important things in our lives. And worrying about these relationships and concepts usually means that we care; it signifies that we want something to turn out well. That’s why worrying can be good to a certain extent. But when anxiety crosses the line from occasional overthinking to a persistent roadblock, therapy for your anxiety could help tremendously.
Nevertheless, at Thriveworks in Pearland, TX, we understand that your personal worries and fears are difficult to overcome and perhaps even harder to share with others. Our therapists and psychiatrists approach themes of anxiety much like we do other aspects of mental health: with an emphasis on the client’s experience. So even if what you’re currently going through is difficult, rest assured that finding the relief you from Thriveworks won’t be.
Anxiety: How Therapy Can Help
Anxiety takes many different forms, and each of us processes the stress it induces in unique ways. You might be experiencing anxiety if you feel any of the following:
- Racing thoughts
- Difficulty sleeping
- Irrational fears or fixation on imaginary situations
- Chronic health conditions like IBS, acid reflux, or an autoimmune disorder
These are just some of the ways that anxiety might be manifesting for you. However, it’s not possible nor a good idea to attempt to diagnose yourself with anxiety—our therapists and psychiatrists can assist you with that.
Our mental health professionals work with clients to find a treatment method that produces results and provides relief. To be successful, our therapists, psychologists, and psychiatrists have experience and a deep understanding of anxiety, and how it might manifest into different disorders. There are many types of anxiety disorders, and no two clients will have identical symptoms. However, the most common forms of anxiety include:
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD): This anxiety disorder causes those with it to irrationally fixate on scenarios, tasks, or thought loops.
- Social anxiety disorder: This disorder disrupts an individual’s ability to engage comfortably in social interactions. Though the severity of this condition varies, sufferers often feel ostracized from friends and family, and their career and romantic lives might be dramatically affected.
- Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD): An anxiety disorder with no specified triggers. Generalized anxiety might affect multiple areas of someone’s life.
- Panic disorder: Those with panic disorders experience panic attacks, which leave them feeling short of breath, dizzy, nauseated and out of breath.
- Post traumatic stress syndrome (PTSD): PTSD afflicts sufferers with flashbacks to intense events that they’ve witnessed or been a part of. This condition can also lead to insomnia, nightmares, or feelings of being emotionally drained.
Because of the ingrained nature of anxiety disorders and their disruptive effects on a productive or happy life, these conditions are often best treated by psychiatrists. Our psychiatrists at Thriveworks in Pearland, TX, use a combination of therapeutic and medicinal approaches that aim to help our clients successfully cope with the symptoms of an anxiety disorder.
Schedule an Anxiety Therapy Session with Thriveworks in Pearland, TX
Our number one goal is to help clients overcome their mental health challenges. Though we love to sing the praises of our therapists and psychiatrists, our scheduling specialists are no less committed to satisfying our clients. When you contact our office in Pearland, TX, you’ll be assisted through every step of the therapeutic process. Whether you need help finding a provider, or setting up your insurance, we’ve got the know-how to assist.
We also know that feeling short on time is a major source of stress. That’s why so many Thriveworks clients love the simplicity of scheduling online therapy sessions with us. In addition, you might be pleased to hear that 97% of our clients report that their sessions start before or right at the agreed upon time.
When you choose to enroll with Thriveworks, you’ll have industry-leading benefits at your fingertips, like:
- Evening and weekend scheduling availability
- 24/7 Q&A with our life coaches.
- Email access to your provider outside of sessions as needed.
- A copy of our free ebook, “Leaving Depression Behind” and other virtual mental health resources.
Anxiety is something that affects everyone. But for some of us, anxiety turns into a persistent issue that can really affect not only our mental health but the people and things that we love. If taking matters back into your own hands interests you, Thriveworks in Pearland, TX encourages you to pick up the phone and see what a difference anxiety therapy can make in your life.