At Thriveworks, our psychiatrists help thousands of clients manage their mental health conditions. But a lot of people aren’t familiar with what psychiatry is all about, and they don’t know how it can benefit them. A psychiatrist is a licensed therapist; this means that they can conduct behavioral therapy sessions, talk therapy, or another approach in a clinical setting. They’re pretty similar to psychologists in this regard.
However, psychiatrists are special in that they’re also medical doctors. Essentially, psychiatrists have the expertise of both professions wrapped up into one. They help treat and diagnose emotional and behavioral disorders that affect everyday people, like ADHD, depression, or even anxiety.
We’re confident that we’ve got the psychiatrist that’s right for you at our Pearland, TX office or any of our other 240 locations and counting across the U.S. Just like the rest of our hand-selected mental health professionals, the psychiatrists at Thriveworks are dedicated to improving the lives of our clients.
Online Psychiatry: More Popular Than Ever
You’ve probably shopped online for clothes, groceries, and household items, right? But what about shopping for a psychiatrist? It’s not as far-fetched as it sounds. Most Thriveworks clients utilize our online services for their mental health needs. You might be curious about how it works; here are some of the reasons why online psychiatry is so popular:
- There’s no need to travel to a brick-and-mortar office to fill a prescription or to attend a therapy session. As long as you’ve got a solid internet connection and somewhere private to talk with your psychiatrist, you’re set.
- Sometimes life just gets in the way; if you’re busy, traveling, or even just tired, why make getting the psychiatric services you need harder than necessary? Online therapy grants you lots of flexibility to schedule treatment when it’s needed.
- Our clients have their own lives—some are caretaking elderly relatives or watching children. Online therapy is an easy way for them to find time to prioritize themselves, too.
- Anxiety: Let’s face it—meeting virtually can be a lot less stressful than meeting your provider in person. While we always strive to eliminate some of the stigma surrounding seeking mental health services, online therapy is a go-to resource for making psychiatric treatment as comfortable as possible.
If any of these benefits sound appealing, it could be helpful to consider the reasons why you’ve felt prevented from or resistant to seeking psychiatric services.
How Online Psychiatry Can Benefit Me?
We’ve explained what a psychiatrist is, and why meeting with them online is so popular. But in addition, it’s also important that you know what a psychiatrist can treat, and how your client-provider relationship will work. Generally speaking, psychiatrists help clients who are suffering from behavioral or emotional disorders. These include, but aren’t limited to:
- Bipolar Disorder
- Anxiety Disorders
- Eating disorders
- Alcohol or drug addiction
Psychiatrists are (quite literally) experts at understanding and diagnosing disorders, ones that are disruptive to the lives of everyday people. But they don’t diagnose these conditions through shaming or judgment. Psychiatrists see their clients’ disorders through a healing-oriented lens. The psychiatrists at Thriveworks in Pearland, TX, are motivated by cultivating a client-provider relationship that’s focused on the growth and personal progress of everyone that they see.
As we’ve mentioned, psychiatrists can prescribe helpful medications for their clients and some treatment plans included behavioral or talk therapy sessions in combination with a prescription. Even if you’re unsure about whether psychiatric services will benefit you, give our Pearland, TX office a call. Our scheduling specialists will provide you with the resources you need.
How Can I Schedule an Online Psychiatry Appointment at Thriveworks in Pearland, TX?
If you’d like to schedule an online psychiatry appointment, or if you want to understand more about the ways in which other mental health services could improve your quality of life, call our office in Pearland, TX, today. The symptoms of a mental health disorder or condition should be taken seriously, and deciding to avoid the issue might make matters worse
Thankfully, we’ve made scheduling a psychiatric appointment with us simple. From the very first phone call, you’ll be able to:
- Talk with a real scheduling specialist, not a robot. We know life gives us all enough challenges—scheduling an appointment shouldn’t be one of them.
- Get assistance setting up your insurance to cover any costs.
- Be matched with a mental health professional that suits your unique needs.
- Enjoy a fast response time from your provider’s office. Most of our clients have their first session within 24-48 hours of calling in for the first time.
- Schedule your session online, or in-person.
- Gain access to our Therapy Buddy app.
- Ask a coach a question 24/7.
- Choose from flexible appointment options, including those in the evenings and on the weekends.
It’s not hard to see why people all over the country are making the choice to seek mental health services with Thriveworks. We don’t just want you to feel good about using our services; we want you to feel good about yourself. If online or in-person psychiatric services sound like they might benefit you, our team in Pearland, TX has the resources to help.