Many people interested in exploring the benefits of meeting with a licensed mental health professional can’t seem to fit traditional therapy sessions into their busy schedules. And others find meeting with someone in person to be more daunting than joining a face-to-face video chat.
If you’re wondering how to find online therapy in New Orleans, LA, Thriveworks has you covered. At Thriveworks in New Orleans, LA, we take pride in offering convenient online therapy that works for you. We also offer in-person sessions to those who prefer them.
Types of Online Counseling Services
Online therapy is very similar to in-person therapy. Whether you are grieving the loss of a loved one, living with depression, or dealing with something else entirely, speaking to a virtual therapist or counselor virtually can help you address your concerns and get your life back on track.
At Thriveworks, we offer the following services in online sessions (as well as in person):
- Anger and stress management: This psycho-therapeutic program allows you to learn more about feelings of frustration and how to work through them productively with the help of a compassionate and skilled therapist or counselor.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT): CBT aims to improve mental health by focusing on the underlying causes of emotional challenges and providing coping strategies. People who undergo CBT learn how to adjust negative or distorted thinking patterns that may be worsening their symptoms.
- Depression and anxiety therapy: If you’re experiencing prolonged unhappiness or anxiety that interferes with your daily life, therapy for depression or anxiety can help you regain a sense of control over your emotions.
- Family therapy: Family therapy is a form of psychotherapy specializing in improving communication and resolving interpersonal conflicts between loved ones.
- Grief and loss counseling: Therapy for coping with grief and loss aims to help people understand and process the physical, emotional, social, spiritual, and cognitive responses to loss.
- Life coaching and career counseling: Severe mental health concerns aren’t the only reason to reach out. Life coaches may help strengthen your confidence, introduce you to new opportunities, and present the best version of yourself at work and in your personal life.
- Marriage and couples counseling: Marriage and couples therapy combines individual and paired sessions to assist couples in communicating better, being vulnerable, and setting healthy boundaries.
- PTSD counseling and trauma therapy: If you constantly relive an event from your past or have panic attacks triggered by certain environments, PTSD counseling can help treat these issues using therapy, prescribed medication, or a combination of the two.
When you’re ready to address your concerns, consider working with one of our licensed counselors or therapists at Thriveworks in New Orleans, LA. Thriveworks offers both in-person and online counseling options, so you can choose what works best for you. Schedule your first session online or call for matching assistance.
The Advantages of Online Therapy
Online therapy offers added levels of flexibility and comfort that some people may not find in traditional therapy. If you feel hesitant to commit to in-person sessions, or simply don’t want to contend with the commute, online counseling may be the solution you’ve been seeking.
Similar to meeting a professional in their office, online counseling by video allows face-to-face communication from the convenience of home or another private space with internet. Prior to your scheduled appointment time, you will receive a link to a video chat room. Once it’s time for your appointment, simply click on the link to join the call and speak with your online therapist or counselor.
Virtual counseling eases and even eliminates many barriers that people face when reaching out for professional mental health support, including time commitment and financial roadblocks. When you’re ready to give online therapy a try, Thriveworks in New Orleans, LA is here and ready to help.
Are There Online Therapy Services in New Orleans, LA? Online Counseling Sessions at Thriveworks New Orleans
Do you think online therapy might be a good option, but are stuck wondering how to find online therapy? When you’re ready, Thriveworks telehealth counselors and therapists in New Orleans, LA are here to help. You can schedule a therapy appointment from the comfort of your own home using our online booking tool or by calling us today.
Thriveworks offers a flexible cancellation and rescheduling policy, and we accept insurance from many different health insurance providers. In addition to weekday appointments, we also offer sessions in the evenings and on weekends for your convenience.
If you’re considering online therapy, book a session with the professionals at Thriveworks Counseling in New Orleans, LA today.