Codependency and Dependent Personality Disorder Therapy – Counselors in Marietta, GA
Have you become concerned that you or a person very close to you may have psychological issues that center around the topic up for discussion here? Are there traits that might suggest that counseling for Codependency or Dependent Personality Disorder therapy might be of some benefit to the sufferer? If alarm bells are starting to ring for you, read on to learn a little more about the signs to look out for and exactly what can be done about these relatively common psychological disorders.
Signs to Be Vigilant for
You should be on the lookout for any of the following signs:
- Very clingy and needy to another individual
- Cannot function properly when the other individual is not around
- Blames this other individual unfairly for everything that goes wrong in their life
- Needs to feel that the other individual’s needs depends on them
- Very low self-esteem in ordinary life
If you are resonating with the signs above, it is important to note that this does not necessarily mean you are in need of counseling for Codependency or Dependent Personality Disorder therapy. All close relationships contain an element of ‘dependency’ and it will be up to a trained psychologist to identify where there is more unhealthy ‘codependent’ behavior that requires treatment.
What a Trained Psychologist Can Offer
A trained psychologist in the areas of Codependency and Dependent Personality Disorder will be on hand to offer the following:
- Will work with the sufferer to identify the unhealthy psychological behaviors
- Will help the sufferer to move forward in a healthier way-of-life
- Would always take matters at the sufferer’s pace and deal with any issues in a warm and friendly manner
Many people literally baulk at the idea of bringing a psychologist into their life; it is important to remember that in this day and age things are so much different—everything will be at a comfortable pace that is only ever set by the sufferer.
So, if you feel therapy for Codependency may be of some help to you, please don’t be afraid to get in contact with us to arrange that first session with a counselor or psychologist.