Christian Counseling in Marietta, GA — Therapists, Coaches, Counselors
Maria is very involved in her community. She attends events, participates in races, and provides food for shelters. Maria also never misses a Sunday service. From the outside, it seems like Maria has it all together: family, a good job, and is active in her community. However, Maria doesn’t feel like she has it all together. She often feels overwhelmed by trying to balance everything she has going on but doesn’t feel like she can lighten her load by stepping down from certain activities. She feels guilty for not feeling as close to God as everyone thinks she is. Maria prays, reads scripture, and gives back but she still feels lost and fears her faith isn’t strong enough.
Let your door stand open to receive Him, unlock your soul to Him, offer Him a welcome in your mind, and then you will see the riches of simplicity, the treasures of peace, the joy of grace. Throw wide the gate of your heart, stand before the sun of everlasting light. –Ambrose
You don’t have to be as involved as Maria to practice good faith and Maria should lean more on her fellow church members for help. Practicing Christianity isn’t always a walk in the park. Our connection with God doesn’t depend on how much we do outside of the church. Sometimes, simply having faith that God will see your actions and guide you through is all you need. If you are like Maria and want to grow your faith in God, Christian counseling might be right for you.
At Thriveworks Marietta Counseling, we offer Christian counseling services to help those who want to strengthen their relationship with God and overcome the obstacles we face in life. To schedule an appointment with a Thriveworks Cobb counselor, call (404) 439-9981.
Christian Counseling: How is it Different?
Much like regular counseling services, Christian counseling is aimed at providing clients with the support and tools they need to overcome life’s challenges and meet their goals. Christian counseling’s core, however, is centered around God and His teachings in order to provide faith-based support.
When you start to work with a Christian counselor, they will perform assessments to gauge what your exact challenges, needs, and goals are in order to craft a unique plan of care. Within this plan, your counselor will use a variety of methods in order to help you achieve what you want. Some of the different methods include:
- Biblical lessons: As a Christian, it’s crucial to read the Bible and take from it the lessons you need in order to walk in good faith. Because we understand this importance, your Thriveworks Cobb counselor will read different verses from the bible during your sessions and help you understand their significance. In addition, you may be asked to go home and continue to read and learn on your own to discuss in later sessions.
- Prayer: In addition to scripture, prayer is an essential part of walking with Christ. We must learn how to ask for help when we need it and thank Him for all that he does for us. If you feel like your prayer could be better, need help learning where to start, or even just want to have the support while praying, your counselor will be able to help you do so. Each session may involve prayer.
- Traditional psychological methods: These methods may include talk therapy, art therapy, and more. As mentioned before, your counselor will base your treatment on your specific needs and that includes the way you are able to connect with your counselor. We want to make sure we can connect with you in a meaningful way, meaning different methods may be used in order to get there.
These are not the only methods you may see in your sessions with a Thriveworks Cobb Christian counselor. Practicing strong Christian values doesn’t always come easy. That’s why asking for help should be seen as a strong decision, not a sign of weakness.
Who Can Be Helped with Christian Counseling?
There is an array of reasons why someone may seek the help of a licensed Christian coach. No two people, or their stories, are alike. Some of the reasons you may want to speak with a psychologist are:
- Depression, anxiety, or other mental illnesses
- Marriage concerns
- Poor communication skills
- Major life changes
- Stress management
- Trauma or PTSD
- Family turmoil
- Spirituality struggles
- Substance abuse or addiction
The above list doesn’t reflect the only reasons to seek help. There are so many different situations and concerns that people may have. Even if you aren’t sure of what the root of your feelings may be, a counselor can help you identify and overcome what you are facing. At the end of the day, having faith in God will give you the courage you need to face any obstacle.
Schedule an Appointment with a Christian Counselor at Thriveworks Marietta, GA
Are you ready to take the next step and find the help you’ve been looking for? Are you looking for ways to improve your connection with God? You may be ready to get help from a licensed Christian counselor. Luckily, Thriveworks Marietta Counseling has the compassionate, understanding care you are looking for.
To schedule an appointment with one of our providers, visit our online booking portal or call (404) 439-9981. Our scheduling specialists will help you find a date and time that works best for you, often having appointments within 24 hours of your initial call. In addition, we offer online counseling to anyone who may want to receive their treatment from home. Whatever you may choose, know we are here and ready to help you grow closer to Christ.