Receive Help from a Psychologist in Jersey City, NJ
Do you know what a psychologist is? Many people have a false idea of psychologists. They picture an intimidating individual who says “How do you feel about that?” repeatedly. In reality, psychologists are mental health professionals who work to help people live better. Sure, sometimes they ask their clients how they feel, but this is critical to the mental health treatment process.
When a psychologist, or another mental health professional, asks their client how they feel, their answer informs treatment. If you decide to work with a psychologist, they’ll want to know exactly what you’re feeling and experiencing so that they can understand how to best help you!
Thriveworks Counseling in Jersey City, NJ is proud to have psychologists on our team. These professionals are masters of mental health in that they are knowledgeable, trained, and experienced in helping people work through varying mental health issues. If there’s a problem that’s weighing heavy on your mind and negatively affecting your mental health, please consider talking to a psychologist.
What Mental Health Issues Can a Psychologist Help With?
Like we said earlier, psychologists are mental health professionals who work to help people live better. To do this, they help people address their specific mental health problems, be it a mental illness, a conflict in one’s relationship, stress, tough emotions like anger, grief and loss, and more.
- Mental illness: Psychologists can assess their clients’ symptoms and then offer treatment for the corresponding illness. They can help people manage depression, anxiety, PTSD, and other mental health conditions.
- Relationship issues: Relationship issues are also common and can be serious. Examples include jealousy, infidelity, poor communication, and differences in opinion. A psychologist can help you and your partner discuss these problems, work through them, and improve your relationship holistically.
- Stress: Have you ever experienced an overwhelming, incomprehensible amount of stress? All of us experience stress at work, in our relationships, and other areas of life at some point. And sometimes it’s too difficult to manage or mitigate on our own. Fortunately, psychologists can offer stress management and relief tactics that are custom to your situation.
- Difficult emotions like anger: There are difficult emotions that we all face, too, including anger, fear, and disappointment. If these emotions carry a lot of weight and they’re negatively affecting your day to day, you need to talk to someone. A psychologist can be that someone and help you work through these difficult emotions.
- Grief and loss: Unfortunately, another challenge that the majority of us will face in life is the loss of a loved one. When we lose a friend, family member, or pet, we succumb to tough emotions like those we just listed above. A psychologist can help you move through the grief process and heal from your pain.
Believe it or not, this is a very short list compared to the many mental health problems psychologists can help you address. The moral of the story is that if you have a mental health problem, or you are experiencing an issue in your life that negatively affects your mental wellbeing, a psychologist can help. All you have to do is reach out for help, and our psychologists will be there.
Schedule an Appointment with a Psychologist at Thriveworks in Jersey City, NJ
If you have determined the need or the benefit you may be able to find in working with a psychologist, you’re in the right place. Thriveworks Counseling in Jersey City, NJ has psychologists who can help you now. Better yet, they can help you in-person or online, depending on your preferences and availability.
If you’d like to talk to us further about how a psychologist can help you, don’t hesitate to reach out. If, instead, you’d like to schedule your first session with one of our psychologists, reach out to Thriveworks in Jersey City now.