Life Coaches, Counselors, and Therapists—Mental Health Care in Hanover, VA
Here at Thriveworks, we believe that every single individual can benefit in some way from working with a mental health professional. We believe that therapy is an opportunity to grow and to live an overall healthier life. And we believe that there is always a way over, around, or through any obstacle that stands in your path.
“Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.”
The coaches, counselors, and therapists at Thriveworks Hanover are skilled, caring professionals who want to help you overcome your obstacles in in-person counseling or online counseling therapy. They understand just how beneficial mental health care is as they’ve seen firsthand how it can relieve their patients of harmful symptoms, equip them with positive emotional skills, and ultimately guide them in a much happier, healthier direction. Furthermore, they know that they can make a difference in your life.
Working Through Life’s Challenges with a Mental Health Professional
A therapist’s or counselor’s primary job is to help their clients manage or overcome whatever challenge they may be facing and ultimately live a better life. These challenges differ from person-to-person, but the following are commonly addressed in therapy:
- Harmful thoughts or feelings
- Low self-esteem
- Depression or anxiety
- Social isolation
- Relationship issues
- Major life transitions
The above are just a few items on this lengthy list. Whatever the case may be, a therapist, a counselor, or a life coach at Thriveworks Hanover can help the individual find healing. And ultimately guide them in leading a happier, more fulfilling life. Let’s paint a clearer picture of just how these providers might assist you. Imagine the following:
- You and your significant other are having a tough time lately. It seems that every time you try to have a conversation, it turns into a full-blown argument—and for no good reason. You fight about where to eat for dinner, whose turn it is to feed the dog, when you should leave for church, and on and on and on. Instead of continuing to live in an unhealthy and unhappy relationship, or ending it before you know if you can fix it, talk to a couples counselor. They can help you talk out your feelings, learn healthy communication strategies, and so much more.
- You’ve lived in the same city with the same people your entire life—up until now, that is. You finally gave in to that voice in your head telling you to welcome change and couldn’t be more excited about it. That’s not to say, however, that you aren’t feeling a little anxious about the whole thing. Your old routine got boring, but at least it was familiar and comfortable. What if you aren’t happy here like you hope? What if you hate your new job and don’t make any new friends? Instead of letting these negative thoughts take over, meet with a counselor or therapist. They can help you to adopt more rational thinking and also offer some assistance in adjusting to your new life.
- Everyone’s always known you as the goofy, happy-go-lucky friend—the one with a smile plastered onto her face. And you still maintain that character, but that’s just it: it used to be real, now it’s just a role that you play. For the past few months, you’ve been feeling overwhelmingly sad. And there’s no rhyme or reason to it, you just haven’t felt like yourself. Rather than hoping this weird funk goes away, reach out to a mental health professional. They can help you to explore your feelings and determine whether you’re developing a serious mental illness like depression.
Do you see how beneficial therapy can be? Whatever you’re going through, there is hope for healing. You just have to take that step to begin therapy—and give a mental health professional the opportunity to make an incredible difference in your life. Sure, you’ll have to do a little bit of work too, but together you and your provider can make some extraordinary advances. Again, it all starts with taking one single step.
Scheduling a Session at Thriveworks Hanover
Did any of the above circumstances resonate with you? Maybe you’re struggling in an unhappy relationship; perhaps you’re making a scary move or developing depressive feelings; in any which case, you can find help and healing at Thriveworks Hanover. All you have to do is give us a call to get set up with a counselor, therapist, or life coach. And the following are guaranteed:
- Promptness. You could meet with your counselor, life coach, or therapist within 24 hours of talking with our scheduling specialists! (That is, as long as that works for you!) Oftentimes, new clients have their first session the following day.
- Flexibility. If daytime hours don’t work for you, that isn’t a problem. We understand that life can be a bit crazy, so we offer evening and weekend appointments as well.
- Dedication. Our providers are committed to getting you the treatment that you need and helping you to live a happier, healthier life. They truly care about accompanying you on this journey and they will see that you succeed.
Let’s get started! Call Thriveworks Hanover today to schedule an appointment for counseling, coaching, or online therapy. We can’t wait to work with you.
Our Clients Get More
We call this The Thriveworks Difference
|Thriveworks||Typical Counseling Practice|
|Offices open early and late|
|Same- or next-day appointments|
|Appointments start on time||Unlikely|
|Care at 100+ locations|
|Phone access to your provider between sessions|
|Email access to your provider between sessions|
|Providers that accept major insurance plans|
|Online counseling opportunities||Unlikely|
|Ask-a-coach 24hr Q&A|
|Exclusive video content|
|Counselor-moderated community discussion|
|Ultra-flexible 23.5hr cancellations|
|A free e-copy of “Leaving Depression Behind”|