Veronica spends a lot of time by herself now, although it’s not something she feels is by choice. The last several months have been pretty tough for her—she’s watched her mood deteriorate into a consistent blackness, with her thoughts becoming more sobering, harmful, and pessimistic with each day. She wants to stop, but she’s not sure what’s going on. Though she has friends and family to support her, it doesn’t seem as though anyone knows how to help.
But Veronica doesn’t want to let things continue to spiral out of control, and that’s why she’s booked a session with a mental health professional so that she can attend depression therapy. She knows that it’s time for her to prioritize her mental health; and if she is depressed, then it’s important that she talk with a professional. Veronica knows that with a new perspective and healthy coping methods, she’ll be better equipped to manage her depression if she is diagnosed.
Like Veronica, you may be feeling depressed and are looking to talk with a mental health professional for answers. At Thriveworks in Coral Springs, FL we have providers who can assist you in mitigating the painful symptoms of depression. Call our office, or go online for more information, and to book your first session today.
How Can Thriveworks Help Treat My Depression?
At Thriveworks in Coral Springs, FL we have an array of provider types to help treat your depression—choose between our industry-leading therapists, counselors, and psychiatrists; while each of these mental health professionals can help you cope with the symptoms of depression, their treatment methods can vary. For more severe or persistent cases of depression, for example, psychiatrists are often the best choice because they’re:
- Medical doctors who are licensed to conduct therapy sessions
- Able to use helpful prescription medicine in conjunction with therapy to assist people as needed
In comparison, our therapists and counselors can help clients cope with depression by:
- Serving as a verbal and emotional outlet for those burdened by this mood disorder
- Using talk and behavioral therapy to implement coping strategies for clients
- Creating a professional connection with their client to better understand their depression
What Are the Different Types of Depression?
“Depression” as we like to think of it, isn’t just a single mental health condition. It actually refers to a group of closely related emotional disorders that share similar symptoms, but have radically different effects on those who suffer from them. Some of the types of depression that our providers can help with include:
- Major depressive disorder: This condition captures the popular perception of depression. Those with major depression experience emotional detachment and hopelessness. These factors usually take away from their work, relationships and hobbies.
- Minor depression: As the name suggests, minor depression is related to major depression—it’s typically severe in its effect and duration. Still, those with this condition still will seem distant, withdrawn, or overwhelmed with sadness. Minor depression can be harder to detect.
- Bipolar disorder: This mental health condition can alter someone’s emotions wildly, ranging from elation in one moment to overwhelming despair in the next. Those with bipolar disorder might find it hard to maintain close relationships or jobs due to their unpredictable mood swings.
- Postpartum depression: Postpartum depression is a mood disorder that arises after a woman gives birth. Women who undergo caesarian sections or experience a miscarriage are even more likely to experience this type of depression.
Schedule a Counseling, Therapy, or Psychiatry Session at Thriveworks in Coral Springs, FL
Depression can be difficult to deal with on our own, but getting help with managing your symptoms shouldn’t be; that’s why at Thriveworks in Coral Springs, FL, we’ve made it as easy as possible to schedule our services. When you contact our office, you’ll be assisted in the enrollment process by our scheduling specialists. They’re available seven days a week and can help with everything from booking your first session to helping find the perfect provider, even if there’s no one available locally.
Plus, enrolling with us unlocks an array of exclusive benefits, including:
- Online therapy: Meet with your provider virtually, and enjoy the freedom to do so from home or the office.
- Our Therapy Buddy app: A personal progress assistant that helps track your journey as you attend therapy.
- A digital copy of “Leaving Depression Behind”: A valuable resource that aims to help people recover from and cope with anxiety.
- 23.5 hr cancellations
- Same and next day session availability
Don’t let depression claim another day. Call Thriveworks in Coral Springs, FL—our team of providers is ready to help you find solid ground. Call to get started and to be matched with a mental health professional, one with the experience and professional insight you need to start moving forward.