John and Marsha are twins, but that doesn’t mean that they get along. They don’t even live in the same state—which if you ask either of them, is a good thing. Their relationship has always been rocky, and to make matters worse, they haven’t talked in nearly two years. It’s something that John is almost fine with, but deep down, he knows that he owes his sister another chance. After reaching out to her to schedule coffee, John is wondering if there’s any way he can help their connection start to mend.
John realizes that it’s probably best for them both to talk with a family therapist—someone who can assist them with their negative dynamics and communication difficulties. He also hopes that a therapist can help them both to see each other more clearly, with respect, instead of resentment. Though John knows that it could be some time before he and Marsha get along, he knows that by scheduling their first session, he’s putting them on the right track.
Like these siblings, you and members of your own family may be looking to connect with a family therapist to get help with the issues that are troubling you. Thriveworks in Coral Springs, FL has the providers to help—reach out by phone, or go online to schedule a session with one of our therapists today. Your family could benefit from the coping strategies and patient support of a family therapist—find out how.
Do We Need Family Therapy?
Talking amongst yourselves is the best way to decide if you need a mental health professional’s assistance—it’s ultimately a family’s subjective choice. But the family therapists at Thriveworks in Coral Springs, FL, can help any family to improve their ability to compromise and communicate, regardless of their situation. Still, there are common warning signs that may indicate that a family’s dynamics have turned negative, and these are important red flags to watch out for. They include:
- Undiagnosed behavioral issues in children
- Deaths within the family that have occurred without time to process the event
- One or more family members struggling with PTSD
- Addiction to drugs or alcohol in response to stress
- Communication skills that aren’t fully developed, resulting in constant arguments and bickering
- Recurring stress from caring for a disabled or elderly member
- Untreated or potentially undiagnosed mental illness or disorders that family members are suffering from, like ADHD or depression
- Residual anger or resentment between relatives over perceived wrongs or shortcomings
By remaining open to talking with a therapist and sharing your family’s troubles, you’ll help them to understand more fully your family’s dynamics and current situation.
How Can a Family Therapist Help?
Our family therapy team in Coral Springs, FL is committed to your family’s issues being resolved peaceably: The purpose of family therapy is to reconnect you with your loved ones through shared understanding and personal growth. Family therapists can help you and your loved ones to:
- Create stronger boundaries of respect and encourage compromise, even when it’s difficult
- Get treatment for previously undiagnosed mental health conditions
- Strengthen your relationship with your loved ones by utilizing a safe space for each of you to speak candidly about your experience
- Foster compassion and encourage compromise towards one another
- Improve your communication skills and become a better listener
- Take advantage of a therapist’s presence—a neutral third party that allows for more balanced dialogue and candid discussion
You can also stay connected even more conveniently with our online family therapy options. As long as everyone has reliable access to the internet and somewhere private to talk, our family can access the tools and resources provided by your therapist anywhere.
Schedule Family Therapy with Thriveworks in Coral Springs, FL
Don’t hesitate if you’re ready to discover the benefits of counseling for you and your family. Thriveworks in Coral Springs, FL is excited to be a part of your family’s mental health journey. When you contact our office in Coral Springs, FL you’ll be assisted by our scheduling team. Our specialists are available seven days a week to help you with every step of the process—and Thriveworks clients have instant access to great benefits, including:
- No waitlist—take advantage of same and next day appointment times
- 23.5hr cancellations: just let us know 23.5 hours before your scheduled time if you can’t make it
- Phone and email contact with your provider in-between sessions
- Weekend and evening session availability
- Our Q/A chat: Ask a Thriveworks life coach the questions that can’t wait until the next session
Navigating the challenges of difficult family dynamics can be difficult, but with help from the providers at Thriveworks in Coral Springs, FL, families can find stability again. Reach out to our office; we look forward to connecting with you with one of our family therapists. Let our mental health professionals help bring you and your relatives closer together.