Amy’s always struggled with controlling her anxiety, but as she’s gotten older, things just seem to get more difficult. She’s gone to great lengths to conceal the frustration and fear she’s faced with, but ultimately the stress continues to eat at her. In the meanwhile, her social and romantic lives have continued to suffer—friends have come and gone, while potential partners have gone neglected.
At this point, Amy feels like she’s at some sort of crossroads. She knows that if she continues to isolate herself, she’ll be lonely, and nothing will change. But instead of facing down her social anxiety alone, Amy wants to talk to a therapist—someone with a clinical and practical understanding of her anxiety and what could be causing it. She hopes that with a provider’s help, she can start to address the social anxiety that’s been causing her so much pain.
Anxiety is a common emotion for many people to face in daily life, but when it’s a constant, aggravating stressor that impacts our ability to remain emotionally balanced, professional assistance is often beneficial. If your anxiety feels relentless, Thriveworks in Coral Springs, FL has providers who can offer you relief. If you’re interested in discovering how a mental health professional can help you learn to manage your anxiety, call Thriveworks in Coral Springs, FL today.
Do I Have Anxiety?
Most people know when they’re anxious—it’s a common feeling that many of us face, but it shouldn’t be a constant sensation. Attempting to cope with recurrent anxiety is a different story. If you’re struggling with anxiety that just won’t leave you alone, then your symptoms may include:
- Fatigue, difficulty sleeping
- Racing thoughts, inability to concentrate
- Digestive problems
- Anger issues
- Decreased performance at work
Though there is a common misconception that “anxiety” refers to one mental health condition, there are many types of anxiety disorders. Some of the different types of anxiety that we can assist with include:
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
- Social Anxiety Disorder (SAD)
- Panic Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
If you have anxiety, these are only a few of the signs and disorder types that may present themselves, so don’t be concerned if your situation differs. You can still talk with a mental health professional at Thriveworks in Coral Springs, FL. By communicating with one of our providers, your feedback will help you receive personalized care and coping methods to help you counteract your intrusive and unwanted thoughts.
How Can a Mental Health Professional Help?
Our providers help everyday people find relief and newfound quality of life through our mental health services. For your benefit offer several different but equally skilled providers types to choose from. Our counselors and therapists are a great option for those with mild or more manageable anxiety disorders. Counselors and therapists can:
- Help family members or partners understand their loved one’s anxiety through relationship therapy or family counseling
- Use talk therapy or behavioral therapy techniques to promote your self-awareness
- Work with clients to help them develop coping mechanisms to use in the situations that matter most
One of our psychiatrists could be a more effective route for more persistent or severe cases of anxiety. Psychiatrists are set apart by being both licensed medical doctors and therapists simultaneously. Psychiatrists can help with your anxiety by:
- Prescribing helpful medication that assists clients in managing the disruptive, damaging symptoms of anxiety
- Using a combination of prescription medications and therapy sessions to treat clients, as needed
Regardless of the mental health professional you’re matched with, anxiety can be a serious mental health condition, and you may find that your condition worsens without proper professional attention.
Schedule Anxiety Therapy at Thriveworks in Coral Springs, FL
Choosing to team up with a provider means that you’ll be able to access next-level mental health care. And we’ve made the process of finding the perfect mental health professional easy—because dealing with anxiety is hard enough already. Just call our office in Coral Springs, FL and our scheduling specialists will assist you with each step in the enrollment process. With their help, you can easily find the provider that fits your needs and schedule your first session.
And if you choose to become an enrollee, you’ll get access to exclusive insider benefits including:
- Weekend and evening availability
- Call or email your provider between sessions to stay in touch and get assistance
- Same and next-day session times
- A 23.5-hour cancellation policy—just call 23.5 hours before your scheduled session time to cancel, free of charge
- Our life coach Q/A chat, for those questions that can’t wait until your next session
- Our Therapy Buddy app, designed to measure your progress as you advance through your treatment program
When you decide to seek professional assistance with your anxiety symptoms or more, call or go online to schedule anxiety therapy with Thriveworks in Coral Springs, FL.