A therapist has an education specifically rooted in therapeutic practice, approaches, techniques, and treatment. They cannot prescribe medications for clients, thought they often refer clients to psychiatrists for medication management. Psychiatrists are medically trained doctors who specialize in mental health treatment, mainly through medication management and prescription, though they can also practice therapy.
Ramsey’s ability to focus has always been his weak point since childhood—but as an adult, he’s done his best to conceal how hard it can be for him to pay attention. Still, Ramsey knows that his inability to concentrate holds him back in many regards: From his work performance to his romantic relationships, he’s struggled to keep up with the people around him.
That’s why Ramsey is ready to talk with a psychiatrist, a mental health professional who might be able to address his unique mental health needs and determine what’s holding him back. Plus, Ramsey knows that psychiatrists can prescribe helpful medication to counteract the symptoms of mental health conditions. While he’s not sure what is keeping him from being able to focus, Ramsey hopes that connecting with someone who cares will help.
Like Ramsey’s situation, you may also be faced with negative emotions or behavioral disruptions that are preventing you from living your life to the fullest. Call, or go online to connect with a psychiatrist at Thriveworks in Bastrop, TX. Our psychiatric team is ready to help make better mental health a reality for you.
How Can Psychiatric Services Help Me?
Psychiatric care is a specialized form of mental health care, and psychiatrists themselves are set apart from other providers, too. They’re medical doctors in addition to being licensed therapists, which grants them the ability to prescribe helpful medication to use with or without counseling services. Psychiatrists are also able to diagnose and treat many types of mental health conditions and disorders that may be difficult to manage with therapy or counseling alone, including:
- Eating disorders
- Major depression
- Social anxiety
- And many other mental health conditions
Just like talking with a therapist or counselor, having an open conversation with a psychiatrist about what’s troubling you can help them to understand and better treat the symptoms that you’re suffering from. Not everyone will be prescribed medication, and your treatment preferences will be a vital part of your experience in psychiatric care. The psychiatrists at Thriveworks in Bastrop, TX are here to help you set and achieve your personal goals and enjoy a renewed quality of life.
Benefits of Online Psychiatry at Thriveworks
At Thriveworks in Bastrop, TX our psychiatric services are completely virtual, which means unprecedented convenience and privacy for you. Online psychiatry might be an attractive choice if you’re looking to:
- Add flexibility to your schedule: For those who are busy, traveling, or just tired, getting the psychiatric services you need shouldn’t be harder. We offer weekend and evening session times, just for you.
- Prioritize your mental health: Online therapy is an easy way for those who take care of elderly relatives or are watching children to find time to prioritize their own needs, as well.
- Reduce your existing anxiety and stress: Meeting virtually can be a lot less stressful than meeting your provider in person. Online therapy is a go-to resource for making psychiatric treatment as comfortable as possible.
- Connect with a psychiatrist on the go: There’s no need to travel to a brick-and-mortar office to fill a prescription or to attend a therapy session.
Our online psychiatrists follow intensive HIPAA guidelines, the same used in our in-person sessions. You’ll be able to rest easy and get the most out of your online session, knowing that your privacy is protected and ensured.
Schedule a Psychiatry Session Today at Thriveworks in Bastrop, TX
When you’re ready to team up with a psychiatrist to start taking steps towards better mental health, give our Thriveworks office in Bastrop, TX a call today. Our scheduling specialists are standing by to help you with the scheduling process. They’re available for you seven days a week and can offer assistance with everything from booking your first virtual session, to helping you find the right psychiatrist, even if there’s no one available locally. And when you become a Thriveworks client, you’ll unlock a great array of exclusive benefits, including:
- Scheduling assistance seven days a week: There’s no need to stress with high-touch support from our scheduling team.
- Flexible appointment options: Take advantage of evening and weekend availability.
- Ask a life coach a question: Those burning questions don’t need to wait with our Q/A chat feature.
- A fast response time from your provider’s office: Most of our clients have their first session within 24-48 hours of calling in for the first time.
- Reliable session times: 97% of our clients report that their sessions start on or before their scheduled time.
With online psychiatry with Thriveworks in Bastrop, TX there’s never been an easier way to prioritize your mental health needs. Partnering with one of our mental health professionals is a great way to make a new ally, who can help you to achieve emotional wellbeing and balance. Give us a call or visit online if you’re interested in finding out how a psychiatrist could help you.