Therapists and Counselors in Newport News, VA—Mental Health Care at Thriveworks
The Thriveworks mission is simple: to help people live happy, successful lives. Now, we know just how important mental health is, and we offer premium mental health care to support our clients. We believe that everyone can benefit from working with a caring counselor, therapist, or life coach—and we are dedicated to getting you the care you need and deserve.
“Let today be the day you give up who you’ve been for who you can become.” –Hal Elrod
Do you feel stuck or unhappy? You don’t have to—we can help. People seek counseling for a long list of reasons. They may be dealing with anxiety for the last week or for the last several years; they may be stressed and unable to do anything about it; they may be dealing with the grief of losing a spouse; they may be recently divorced; or they may need help with anger management. No matter why you’re thinking of reaching out to a mental health professional, consider working with a counselor, therapist, psychologist, or life coach at Thriveworks Newport News. We have both in-person and online counseling therapy opportunities available. You can trust our care and years of experience.
Do I Need to Work with a Counselor or Therapist?
As mentioned above, counselors help their clients with a wide range of challenges. The challenges vary from person to person, but some common ones include:
- Depression, anxiety, or another mental illness
- Relationship issues like jealousy or lack of trust
- Negative thinking patterns
- Grief and loss
- Major life transitions
- Anger management
- Problematic habits or behaviors
- Lack of self-esteem
- Feelings of loneliness
This may seem like a long or comprehensive list, but it is far from it compared to the many topics discussed in therapy. In summary, your counselor or therapist can help you with virtually any issue you are experiencing—they have the training, expertise, and knowledge to do so. Here are a few specific examples of how a counselor or therapist at Thriveworks Newport News, in in-person counseling or online therapy, can help you:
- We all experience stress at one point or another. In fact, most Americans are suffering from moderate to high levels of stress, with 44% reporting that their stress levels have increased within the last five years, according to the American Psychological Association. The good news is a counselor or therapist at Thriveworks Newport News can help you to better cope with your stress. This’ll likely involve getting to the root of your stress and identifying helpful techniques for handling stressful times or events. A popular and effective technique is mindfulness, of which involves focusing on the present moment. Your counselor or therapist will help you understand and perfect this practice in your stress relief efforts.
- Most marriages go through troubling times. Some couples grow apart over their years together, while others stop communicating and find themselves with anger between them. No matter where your marriage is today, a Thriveworks marriage counselor can help you figure out why you’re stuck and what the right way forward could be. No matter how far the distance between you seems, if you believe it’s worth trying to work through than it likely is. Different couples have different needs and their solutions are unique. That’s why we provide you with individualized therapy based on where you are today and where you’d like to be in the future. Together, you and your spouse can discover the best path forward.
- When symptoms of a serious mental illness arise, we often feel fearful and unprepared to properly manage them. Fortunately, a counselor or therapist at Thriveworks Newport news can help you to better understand your illness and cope with the harmful symptoms that accompany it. This goes for illnesses like depression, anxiety, substance, abuse, addiction, and more. Open up to your provider about what you are experiencing, and you will be well on your way to receiving the proper care you seek and deserve.
Seeking Help for a Loved One
Sometimes people go to a counselor, not because they’re in trouble themselves, but because they’re watching a loved one struggle. Watching someone you care about go through a challenging time can leave you feeling alone, confused, and frustrated that you can’t help.
It’s true that you can’t force them to get help if they’re not ready; it’s also true that you can provide them with helpful resources. We are glad you’re looking for help for them, but we implore you to ask yourself this question: Who is supporting you? It’s important that you remember to prioritize your own needs. Remember: you can’t take care of others if you don’t first take care of yourself. Often, caring for yourself involves seeking outside support. We can offer you this support.
Schedule a Session with a Counselor or Psychologist at Thriveworks Newport News
People throughout the world, in a wide range of situations, put off getting help for months, years, or even decades. They often think they don’t have the time required to work with a counselor. They believe that they’ll get to their goals at a later date—after the kids move out, their career stabilizes, or some other event takes place. The truth is that these are all excuses. And the time to get help is always now. Work with us and we’ll help you discover the tools you’ve had all along to get you where you want to be.
We’re uniquely suited to help you with all your issues. We offer personalized care, tailored to best assist you in overcoming the challenges in your life. Additionally, we employ a “no waiting list” policy and offer flexible scheduling options from daytime to evening, weekday, and weekend appointments. Do you think you could benefit from working with a skilled, caring mental health professional? Reach out to Thriveworks Newport News. Give us a call at (757) 657-8088 to get scheduled for your first in-person session or online counseling appointment today.
Our Clients Get More
We call this The Thriveworks Difference
|Thriveworks||Typical Counseling Practice|
|Offices open early and late|
|Same- or next-day appointments|
|Appointments start on time||Unlikely|
|Care at 100+ locations|
|Phone access to your provider between sessions|
|Email access to your provider between sessions|
|Providers that accept major insurance plans|
|Online counseling opportunities||Unlikely|
|Ask-a-coach 24hr Q&A|
|Exclusive video content|
|Counselor-moderated community discussion|
|Ultra-flexible 23.5hr cancellations|
|A free e-copy of “Leaving Depression Behind”|