Meet our Providers
Fort Worth Counseling – Mental Health, Therapists, Arlington Counseling
You see their tears. You see their anger and the frustration. You see them struggling to get through the day. You want to help but you don’t know what to do.
You feel helpless.
Watching a loved one struggle can be one of the most difficult situations to be in. You love them and try to support them. Things aren’t getting better. They aren’t accepting of your help and may even push you away.
Loving someone who is struggling can be lonely and frustrating. The good news is that you don’t have to go through this alone. The experienced team at Fort Worth Counseling can help!
The Importance of Support
So often, we want a loved one to simply take our advice or help believing if they do, they will be fine. Unfortunately that isn’t always the case:
- They may not be in an emotional place to see the benefit of what you’re offering
- The help you’re offering may not be what they are needing
- They may be struggling with a serious mental health issue
- There may be an underlying substance abuse issue
Your heart may be in the right place but your loved one’s issue may be more complex than what you are prepared to handle. An Fort Worth therapist can help you to understand your situation and help you to cope while supporting your loved one in ways that are healthy.
In most cases, you can’t force someone to get help. What you can do is lead them to options. It is their choice as to what happens from there. That can be a difficult truth to accept and is often the reason for the distress that comes from watching a loved one struggle.
Your Fort Worth therapist can help you get through this challenging time. Working with you as a team, your therapist or life coach will:
- Help you understand the thoughts and feelings you are experiencing
- Help you to learn ways to cope with your feelings and situation
- Learn new ways of communicating and expressing feelings that promote positive outcomes.
- Depending on the situation, this may include your loved one joining you in therapy.
- Learn to cope with adverse situations in healthy ways
- Assist you with referral to other sources of help if needed
Having a reliable support person is crucial to maintaining your own well-being when in distressing situations. Your Fort Worth therapist is your partner in this journey offering guidance and a safe, non-judgmental place to explore alternatives. You choose the options that work for you.
In order to be in the best position to support your loved one, you have to be in an emotionally healthy and stable place. The experienced team of Fort Worth therapists are ready to support you.
How Do I Get Started?
When you call, they will take some basic information so that they can pair you with the appropriate Fort Worth Counseling provider usually within 24 hours. They can also answer any questions you may have about Fort Worth Counseling’s services.
At Fort Worth Counseling, we know that you have many choices for counseling and life coaching. From your first contact with us, we will work hard to earn your respect and your trust. We would be honored to join you on the path to wellness.