Fort Worth Online Counseling—Virtual Sessions in Fort Worth, TX
Have you ever had a bad day that turned into a bad week or a bad month? Sometimes, we can work through the challenges that we run into, but sometimes they grow into larger, harder-to-manage problems and we need help.
There is no shame in needing or receiving help. If you are feeling depressed, anxious, stressed, or struggling in any other way, it’s important that you talk to a mental health professional. These health care providers can provide you with the right help and support to get better.
Thriveworks Counseling in Fort Worth, TX has counselors, therapists, and psychologists on our team who can help you online. You can work with one of our online therapists now over the phone or video. Just call our office when you are ready to schedule an appointment.
Online Counseling vs. Face-to-Face Counseling
Online counseling and face-to-face counseling are both viable options for mental health help. In fact, they are relatively similar, despite the fact that with the former, you talk to a counselor via virtual means instead of in-person. This is the one major difference.
Let’s take a look at virtual methods of communication, as well as other important facets of online counseling:
- Virtual methods of communication: Online counseling requires you to meet with your counselor virtually instead of face-to-face in your counselor’s office. Telehealth sessions can be conducted over the phone or video chat, depending on the individual’s preferences for care. It is important to note that counseling via video chat is the closest option to working with a counselor in-person.
- Convenient care: Online therapy is more convenient (for most people) than traditional in-person care. Rather than having to drive to a counseling center for each appointment, the individual can simply attend their session in a video session or phone session. This is beneficial to those who would prefer to attend their session from home and also helpful to those who struggle to attend in-person sessions. For example, disabilities and lack of transportation can present one from going to traditional therapy.
- Security and privacy: A major concern for people considering online counseling is, “Is it safe and secure?” The answer is yes. Online counseling is covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). At Thriveworks, our platforms are HIPAA-compliant, which means your conversations with your therapist are safe and private.
- Cost: Another common concern is, “Is online counseling affordable?” Again, the answer is yes. Most major insurance companies now cover online counseling services. If you are wondering whether your plan covers online therapy sessions, our Thriveworks team in Fort Worth, TX is happy to help you find out for sure.
If you are looking for a convenient way to meet with a counselor, online therapy is a great option. If you’d like to schedule online counseling services or hear more about how online counseling works, reach out to Thriveworks. We’re here to help and answer any questions you may have.
Online Counseling Services at Thriveworks in Fort Worth, TX
Remember what we said before? Online counseling and in-person counseling are relatively similar. You can receive professional mental health help both virtually and face-to-face. For example, you can…
- Learn to improve your communication skills with your partner and work through any rough patches in your relationship.
- Manage harmful symptoms of a mental illness and better understand what has caused them.
- Identify stressors and learn to manage them properly as well as prevent unnecessary stressors.
- Work on correcting harmful habits or behaviors, like negative thinking
There are many different goals you can accomplish with the help of licensed professional counselors. Our team members are qualified to utilize many different types of counseling, including cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), couples therapy, marriage counseling, depression therapy, anxiety therapy, grief counseling PTSD counseling, stress management counseling, family therapy, and more.
If you would like to schedule an online counseling appointment at Thriveworks in Fort Worth, TX, just give us a call. We can get you scheduled immediately.