III. Information We Collect
- Personally Identifiable Information: We may collect information (whether online, by phone, or by paper) that identifies you (“Personally Identifiable Information”) when you: provide such information on our Sites, apply or register for Thriveworks Directory or services, or otherwise interact with Thriveworks, including, but not limited to, requesting an appointment online, chatting online with a Thriveworks representative, or purchasing Thriveworks products or services. The types of Personally Identifiable Information collected may include your name, address, phone number, birth date, billing and delivery information, Email address, credit card, or other financial account information.
- Non-Personal Data: As you interact with our Sites, we may also collect information about your browsing history or certain other information that is not Personally Identifiable Information through your use of and visits to the Sites and our use of a variety of technologies, including, but not limited to, cookies, tags, beacons, Internet Protocol (IP) address , and other tools. “Cookies” are pieces of code/text placed on your computer when you browse our Sites. Cookies may be placed by us or third party advertisers. “Tags” and web beacons refer to code scripts that are primarily used to track visitors’ activities on our Sites by web analytics software. The types of non-personal data collected on our Sites through the use of these, and other tools as Thriveworks may add from time to time, may include: the search terms you used, new or returning user, browser information, computer type, operating system, internet service providers, website usage, referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, number of clicks, ads viewed, etc. Additionally, cookies, tags and other tools placed by third parties may collect other information about you and your visits to Sites and elsewhere on the Internet including, but not limited to, your industry, company size, job function, seniority level, etc.)(collectively, all of the foregoing data the “Non-Personal Data”).
IV. How We Use and Share Personally Identifiable Information
Once collected, we may use your Personally Identifiable Information in a variety of ways including, but not limited to:
- Provide service communications such as bill reminders, order confirmations, program registrations, and customer service messages
- Respond to your emails or online requests for products, services, or information
- Deliver and process surveys
- Personalize and improve the usability of the Sites
- Fulfill and/or deliver Thriveworks products and services
- Publish directory lists as described below
- Sharing with certain other companies to offer you products and services that may be of interest to you as described below
- Tailor content, advertising and marketing to you
- Share with third parties as required by law or to protect Thriveworks as described below
- Share your email address as permitted under Thriveworks Email Policy as described below
Publication of Your Personally Identifiable Information for Directory Lists. When you sign up to be a part of a Directory List, the Personally Identifiable Information we receive may be published on the Sites and other print or digital media, in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, directories, membership lists, and other types of registration lists for Thriveworks directories and events (“Directory Lists”). Directory Lists will not include sensitive information, such as credit card or bank information, or social security numbers. Users may request their information be removed from Directory Lists by contacting us.
Sharing Your Personally Identifiable Information to Fulfill Service Requests and Perform Business Functions. When fulfilling service requests initiated by you, we may share your Personally Identifiable Information with certain third parties to fulfill the requests. We may also share such information with service providers that perform business functions for us. For example, Thriveworks occasionally hires other companies to provide limited services on our behalf including, but not limited to, packaging, mailing and delivering promotional offers, sweepstakes or contests, answering customer questions about products or services, consulting services, data modeling, printing, sending postal mail and processing event registrations. In such cases, Thriveworks may share your Personally Identifiable Information.
Sharing Your Personally Identifiable Information with Certain Other Companies. Thriveworks may share Personally Identifiable Information, except for email addresses, with certain other companies in order to provide them an opportunity to offer products or services that may be of interest to you, which may contribute revenue to Thriveworks.
Sharing Your Personally Identifiable Information When Legally Necessary or to Protect Thriveworks’ Interests. Thriveworks may disclose your Personally Identifiable Information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process served on Thriveworks; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Thriveworks; or (c) protect the personal safety of Thriveworks personnel or members of the public in appropriate circumstances. In addition, if Thriveworks and/or its assets (or a portion of its assets) are sold, assigned, transferred, or merged, or if Thriveworks undergoes some other change including a change to its corporate form as part of a bankruptcy proceeding or otherwise, information may be transferred as part of that transaction or change.
Sharing Your Email Address Pursuant to Thriveworks Policy. Your e-mail address will only be used by Thriveworks. We do not sell or rent e-mail addresses to anyone outside Thriveworks. Thriveworks will also not share e-mail addresses to unrelated third-parties or affiliates. Thriveworks may also share your Email address with third parties to enable Thriveworks to take security measures to help protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data. Finally, Thriveworks may share Email addresses with third parties as necessary for Thriveworks to perform certain services on our behalf, such as packaging, mailing and delivering products and processing event registrations and to respond to your service requests.
V. How to Manage the Sharing of Your Personally Identifiable Information
You can manage your profile and e-mail preferences, including opting out of e-mail by contacting us at email@example.com. Additionally, if you prefer to receive mailings only from Thriveworks and have your name and address removed from the list we provide to certain companies, please contact us. For California residents, please consult the “Your California Privacy Rights” for additional considerations.
VI. How We May Use and Share Non-Personal Data
Through the use of various technological tools, we may collect Non-Personal Data to improve the usability of our Sites/Services and for other business reasons. We may share the Non-Personal Data we collect with third parties or permit third parties to place tools like cookies, tags and web beacons, to collect additional Non-Personal Data when you browse our Sites. We or other third party companies may then use the Non-Personal Data to provide advertisements and targeted advertisements to you (ads based on the Non-Personal Data). We do not share Personally Identifiable Information with third parties with whom we share your Non-Personal Data. Please note that you may be subject to the privacy policies of other non-Thriveworks companies when you select an advertising link or other link that takes you to sites not operated by Thriveworks.
How You Can Manage the Collection of Non-Personal Data. Third party advertising companies may collect data about your visit to our Sites and others to provide you more relevant advertising here and elsewhere on the Internet. This type of advertising is known as Online Behavioral Advertising. You can stop this collection and use of data for these purposes by companies participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) by visiting the “Opt Out From Online Behavioral Advertising” website. By opting out, the ads you see may be less relevant, and you may still continue to see other non-targeted advertisements on our Sites and elsewhere.
VII. California Privacy Rights
We do not knowingly collect personal data online from or market online to children under the age of 13.
X. Information Security
XI. User ID and Password
Certain areas of the Sites may require the use of a user ID, email address, or password as an additional security measure that helps protect your information. To help you protect your privacy, Thriveworks Sites have tools to help you log in and log out.
XII. Linking to Other Internet Sites
XIII. How You Can Access and Change Information
If you are a registered user of the Sites, subscriber to Thriveworks publications, or client of Thriveworks products and services, you may review and update/correct your information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated November 30, 2015
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BEFORE ACCESSING OUR WEBSITE
1) Acceptable Use. This Site is intended to provide users with general information. We do not recommend or endorse any specific professionals, tests, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. Reliance on any information provided by us, our employees, others appearing on Site at our invitation or other visitors to the Site is solely at your own risk. Your use of the Site is a privilege.
- a) Posting Rules.
- i) Materials you post to the Site may not contain: (1) URLs or links to web sites that compete with the Site; (2) copyrighted material (unless you own the copyright or have the owner’s permission to post the copyrighted material); (3) trade secrets (unless you own them or have the owner’s permission to post them); (4) material that infringes on or misappropriates any other intellectual property rights, or violates the privacy or publicity rights of others; (5) anything that is sexually explicit, obscene, libelous, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, or hateful; or (6) anything that is embarrassing or offensive to another person, group or entity.
- ii) You may not use your Materials to: (1) impersonate another person, living or dead; (2) post false, inaccurate or misleading information; (3) except as provided in your directories of you own services, post advertisements or solicitations of business (including, but not limited to, franchises, “club memberships,” distributorships, or anything requiring a monetary investment, including a request for payment to obtain job listings); (4) post chain letters or pyramid schemes; or (5) post opinions or notices, commercial or otherwise.
iii) Materials that encourage our users to “email for more details” are not permitted. Materials from any third party charging a fee are not permitted.
- b) Conduct Rules:
- i) You may not respond to postings by other users in any manner or for any purpose other than that which is expected. Responses soliciting business are prohibited.
- ii) You may not send (or encourage or help others to send) unsolicited commercial email to our users.
iii) Report inappropriate postings or conduct to email@example.com.
- iv) You may not delete or revise any material posted by any other person or entity.
- v) Any conduct by a user that in our sole discretion restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying the Site is prohibited.
- vi) We are under no obligation to monitor the conduct of our users, but we may investigate and respond when violations are reported.
- c) Security Rules:
- i) Users are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Site, including, without limitation: (1) accessing data not intended for such user or logging into a server or account which the user is not authorized to access; (2) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (3) attempting to interfere with service to any user, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the Site, overloading, “flooding”, “mailbombing” or “crashing”; (4) sending unsolicited e-mail, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services; (5) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or newsgroup posting.
- ii) Violation of these Security Rules may result in civil or criminal liability. We will investigate occurrences which may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who are involved in such violations.
- d) Registration Rules.
- ii) We may assign a user name and password to you. You may not share your account, user name or password with anyone else, and you will be responsible for the actions of anyone who obtains your user name and/or password and uses them to access the Site. You must notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your user name and password.
iii) If at any time during the term of this agreement we come to the understanding that you: (1) misled us as to your business practices and/or services, or (2) purchased services that do not describe your precise business, we reserve the right to terminate your account. We may terminate your account and/or your access to the Site at any time if we deem in our sole discretion such to be necessary or appropriate.
3) Rights Reserved.
- a) We hereby grant you a limited, terminable, non-exclusive right to access and use the Site only for your personal use. This authorizes you to view and download a single copy of the material on the Site solely for your personal, noncommercial use. You must include the following notice in any downloaded materials: “Copyright Thrive Counseling, LLC. Except as otherwise expressly permitted under copyright law, no copying, redistribution, retransmission, publication or commercial exploitation of downloaded material will be permitted without the express written permission of Thrive Counseling, LLC.”
- a) We make no representations or warranties whatsoever regarding the Site and any materials on the Site. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY IN THESE TERMS OF SERVICE OR ELSEWHERE, THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF NON-INFRINGEMENT AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS OR TIMELINESS OF THE SITE. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT THE SITE’S SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, THE SITE’S FUNCTIONS SHALL BE ERROR-FREE OR, THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKE IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
- b) The Site is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice. Under no circumstances will we be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on information obtained through the Site. It is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information, opinion, advice or other content available through the Site. Please seek the advice of professionals, as appropriate, regarding the evaluation of any specific information, opinion, advice or other content. Never disregard professional advice, including medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this Site.
- c) You are solely responsible for the content of any posting you make to the Site and any consequences arising from such posting. We assume no responsibility for materials posted by our users or any other actions, conduct or omissions of our users. We act as a service provider for users to distribute and publish their materials. We do not undertake responsibility for screening or monitoring our users’ materials.
- d) Our bloggers who post articles to our Site may not employed by Thriveworks. Each blogger is solely responsible for the content of his or her articles. Each blogger represents to Thriveworks that the articles he or she submits is original and does not infringe any copyright. We do not undertake responsibility for screening or monitoring our bloggers’ materials. The opinions expressed by the bloggers are their own and are not our opinions or endorsed by us.
- e) Further, we explicitly disclaim any responsibility for the accuracy, content or availability of information found on a site that links to or from the Site (a “third-party site”). We may offer links to, or incorporate into the Site, third-party sites that offer various products and/or services. We cannot ensure that users will be satisfied with any products or services that are purchased from such a third-party site, since such sites are owned and operated by others. We do not endorse any of such products or services, nor have we taken any steps to confirm the accuracy or reliability of any of the information contained in any third party sites. We do not make any representations or warranties as to the security of any information (including credit card and other personal information) users might be requested to give a third-party site. We strongly encourage users to make their own investigation of third-party sites before proceeding with any transaction with such third parties.
- f) We do not endorse, and nothing on the Site shall be deemed to be an endorsement, representation or warranty of, any third party (including our directory members, users and bloggers), whether in relation to such third party’s products, services, websites, experience or background or otherwise. We do not make any representations or warranties with regard to any materials posted by our users, directory members or bloggers. The information in our directories is provided exclusively by participating professionals.
- h) Your use of the Site, the Internet, any materials you post or access via our Site and your conduct online or offline are at your own risk.
6) Limits of Liability.
- B) THE LIABILITY OF US AND ANY OF OUR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS TO YOU OR TO ANY OTHER PERSON FOR DIRECT DAMAGES SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF $100 USD OR THE FEES PAID BY YOU FOR OUR SERVICES DURING THE 12 MONTHS PRECEDING THE EVENTS THAT GIVE RISE TO YOUR FIRST CLAIM AGAINST US FOR DAMAGES.
- C) BECAUSE SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR NON-DIRECT DAMAGES, THE LIMITATIONS IN PARAGRAPH (A) ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, BUT IN SUCH CASE, THE LIMITATIONS IN PARAGRAPH (B) SHALL APPLY TO BOTH DIRECT AND NON-DIRECT DAMAGES.
8) Notices. You shall send notices to us by mail or by email to our contact information listed below and addressed to the attention of LEGAL. Notices to you will be sent by mail or by email to the addresses you provide when registering. Notices shall be deemed given on the day actually received by recipient, if received as provided in this paragraph before 5pm on a business day in the recipient’s location. Notices received after 5pm or on a non-business day shall be deemed received on the next business day.
Thriveworks and the Thriveworks logo are a trademark of Thrive Counseling, LLC.
Anthony Centore Ph.D. is Editor-at-Large of this website. Editorial questions, concerns, or recommendations can be via our Contact page. Your feedback is welcomed.