Fort Worth Depression Counseling and Anxiety Therapy—Therapists in Texas
At Thriveworks Counseling in Fort Worth, TX two of the most common issues we see are anxiety and depression. Both are painful to live with, and when experienced at the same time, the pain is almost crippling.
Spending time with friends and family, daily activities and hobbies, going to work—all of these can feel nearly impossible. We know it may feel like things can’t possibly improve, but we’ve helped so many people get their lives back, and we can help you too.
All it takes is one call to get the process started. We may be able to see you for anxiety and depression counseling as soon as tomorrow. To schedule an appointment with one of our depression counselors or anxiety therapists, call us. We’re here to help you.
Symptoms of Depression and Anxiety
While depression and anxiety are different disorders, there’s actually a very interesting overlap between their symptoms. Those struggling with anxiety may experience mental and physical symptoms like:
- Racing thoughts
- Sleep Troubles
- Difficulty Concentrating
Those experiencing depression may experience all of the above but may also notice a depressed mood, lack of interest in daily activities, loss or sudden increase in appetite, low self-esteem, and suicidal ideation.
As we’ve mentioned, these are two separate disorders, but they can be experienced at the same time. If you’re not certain what you’re experiencing, you just know something isn’t right, that’s okay. In fact, that’s another common theme among clients. We can help you figure out what’s wrong and develop a plan to overcome it. Contact Thriveworks Counseling in Fort Worth, Texas for anxiety and depression counseling—we’ll take it from here.
Types of Anxiety and Depression
While we often think of generalized anxiety disorder when anxiety comes to mind and major depression when depression comes to mind, there are actually many different types of both. For example, in addition to generalized anxiety disorder, there is also…
- Panic disorder, which is characterized by panic attacks
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), which is triggered by a traumatic event
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), which is characterized by repetitive thoughts and compulsions
When it comes to depression, there are other depressive disorders aside from major and minor depression, too. These include:
- Postpartum depression, which is experienced by new moms
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD), which typically occurs in the colder, darker seasons
- Bipolar disorder, which is characterized by major mood shifts from mania to depression
Stress and anxiety can wreak havoc on our lives. So can feelings of despair and hopelessness. The good news is that there is treatment for anxiety and depression.
The therapists in Fort Worth, TX at Thriveworks can offer many different treatment approaches, including cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavioral therapy, and others.
When to Reach Out for Counseling Services
First, if you’ve had or are having thoughts of suicide, please call 911 or visit an emergency room immediately.
Second, while we all have moments of stress or “the blues,” if those moments last more than two weeks and/or are interfering with your daily life, it’s time to contact a professional.
Lasting depression and anxiety can lead to other serious mental health issues and have a negative impact on your physical health, your relationships, and your career:
- Physical health: Anxiety and depression often cause changes in appetite. Loss of appetite can lead to weight loss, which, if excessive, can lead to lower immune system strength and fatigue. Similarly, excessive weight gain can result in an increased risk for diabetes, joint problems, and cardiovascular ailments.
- Relationships: It’s often difficult for people with anxiety or depression to believe others when offers of help are made or compliments are given. This can lead to further communication problems, which can cause your relationships to deteriorate. As your relationships become weaker, you may find the symptoms you’re experiencing become more severe.
- Career: Constant anxiety or depression can lead to problems at work, such as an inability to make effective decisions, struggles working with others, and overall job performance.
While the impact of untreated anxiety and depression can be serious, with treatment it’s possible to overcome entirely. Your therapist will help you determine the root cause of your feelings. Once the cause is revealed, people often begin to feel some improvement and hope almost immediately, but you’ll continue seeing your therapist to process those feelings and work to overcome them. You may learn techniques for coping with certain troubling situations, improve your communication skills, or talk out experiences from your earlier life that are affecting the way you’re dealing with certain situations in the present.
Thriveworks Fort Worth Counseling for Anxiety and Depression
Anxiety and depression counseling are some of the most common reasons people contact Thriveworks in Fort Worth, TX. It’s an incredibly common disorder in the US, so our therapists are well-versed in counseling people to improve. And improvement can happen.
Thriveworks Fort Worth, Texas believes you should have access to the help you need when you need it, so we don’t keep a waiting list. We also have extended hours Monday through Saturday, and we can usually see new clients within 24 hours.
You don’t have to suffer in silence any longer. Contact us today to get on the road to recovery.