Arlington, MA’s Life Coaching
Football coach Eric Taylor gathered his team together. As he looked each member in the eye, he told them, “Opportunity does not knock. It presents itself when you beat down the door.” The famous coach and leader in the hit show Friday Night Lights could inspire and motivate his players like no other. They achieved more under his guidance than anyone ever expected. Yes, of course, his story is fiction, but it portrays something that is true: people can often achieve great things under a great coach. Coaches know their team’s strengths and weaknesses. They know the opponent. They know the path to success: how to optimize their team’s strengths and fortify their weaknesses. Coaches are often the determining factor for a team’s success, and it is understandable why many people are looking to coaches to do more than lead a high school football team. Many people are working with a life coach to help them achieve
“To excel at the highest level – or any level, really—you need to believe in yourself, and hands down, one of the biggest contributors to my self-confidence has been private coaching.” —Stephen Curry
Even professional athletes, like NBA guard, Stephen Curry, who have coaches on the basketball court are using coaches for other areas of their lives. That is why Thriveworks Arlington offers life coaching. Many people want to achieve more, and we are ready to help.
Life Coaching and Goal Setting
A big aspect of life coaching is goal setting. When many people hear the words “goal setting” they may think of being miserable: cutting out sugar, exercising more, working longer hours, flossing their teeth. This stereotype is understandable because anything worth achieving takes hard work. At the same time, setting a goal can actually be exciting when done well. All goal setting is just prioritizing something. It means doing what you care about most instead of what is distracting you at the moment. Andrew Carnegie put it this way, “If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy and inspires your hopes.” And a host of research confirms his assertion. Goal setting brings a number of benefits to those who want to achieve. For example, goals can help people,
- Strengthen their self-control so that they say, “no” to distractions, and “yes” to things that will help them achieve.
- Focus people’s attention upon what they care about most.
- Spark meaningful action that moves them forward, toward the goal.
- Align their behavior and their focus so that they are wholeheartedly going after their dreams.
- Give people motivation for setbacks. Goals are a reminder of what the finish line holds.
Life Coaching for All of Life
Another misconception about life coaching and goal setting is that it can only be for professional development, but life coaching is for all of life. A few of the areas coaches may be able to help their clients include…
- Attitude: This is not about what people do but who they are. What kind of person do you want to be? Joyous? Kind? Patient?
- Career: One’s career is about so much more than earning money. How do you want to put your skills to work in this world?
- Finances: People have a relationship with their money. What do you want that relationship to look like? What are your priorities for how you spend money? Give it? Earn it?
- Physical health: How is your relationship with your own body? Is there a health goal that might make your life better?
- Refreshment and entertainment: Rest can make a big difference in people’s lives. When do you feel refreshed? What makes you smile? What kind of entertainment do you enjoy?
- Family: While some aspects of family are set, people have control over many others. What kind of relationships do you want to cultivate within your family?
- Education: What concepts do you want to explore and learn? Would you like a mentor? What other avenues of growth would you like to pursue?
- The Arts: How do you express your artistic side and how do you want to prioritize time for that?
Seeing life in its many facets can make life coaching a much for rich experience. Setting goals that are diversified can keep the process fun and engaging. There are also a few other tips for setting and achieving goals:
- Write down your goals. Then, you can remember what they are.
- Give each goal a deadline. Finish lines can help you stay motivated.
- Include as many details as possible. Specifics are a goal’s best friend.
- Let your loved ones who will support you know about your goal. Everyone needs allies.
Life Coaching with Thriveworks Arlington, MA—Scheduling an Appointment
What might be happening in your life right now? Is there a goal you want to achieve? Are you ready for a coach to inspire and guide? If you are ready, we are too. Thriveworks Arlington offers life coaching, and we have appointments available. When you contact our office, a real person (one of our scheduling specialists) will answer your call, and help you make an appointment. You may have an appointment within 24 hours. Many new clients do. We accept many forms of insurance, and we offer evening and weekend appointments.
Life work towards your life goals together. Contact Thriveworks Arlington today.