Anxiety Counseling in Boston, MA—Counselors and Therapists in Boston for Anxiety
Are you someone who experiences anxiety daily? Or, maybe you’re someone who experiences anxiety in certain circumstances—say, there’s a presentation at work or you’ve gotten into an argument with your significant other. Maybe you can relate to Alice, Zachary, or Amy:
- Alice is a newbie at work, but her boss must see something in her: he’s tasked her with presenting at this year’s big event. While she’s thankful for his confidence in her ability, it isn’t worth the anxiety she’s experiencing leading up to the event.
- Zachary has been experiencing strange symptoms over the past few months: muscle stiffness, fuzzy vision, and an uncomfortable tingling sensation in his arms and legs. His doctor diagnoses him with Multiple Sclerosis (MS). Zachary’s anxiety (another symptom of MS) grows as he thinks about his girlfriend’s reaction to the news.
- Amy feels as if she is always anxious. She feels anxious when walking through the aisles of the grocery store, sitting in class, and even driving to her best friend’s house. She can’t seem to escape it.
The examples above illustrate just how diverse anxiety is. For some, it’s related to very specific circumstances or events. For others, it’s the symptom of another disease or something they experience daily. If you can relate, and you want help learning how to manage the anxiety you experience, consider working with an anxiety counselor at Thriveworks Boston.
Thriveworks Boston offers premium mental health services. This means that in addition to working with a caring, skilled counselor or pscyologist you can count on, your appointment will start on time (sometimes early), you have phone and email access to your counselor or coach, and you have access to exclusive video content. These are just a few items from a long list of what you get at Thriveworks Boston. So, if you are experiencing anxiety, give Thriveworks Boston a call. An anxiety counselor can provide the help and support you need.
Anxiety: Signs and Symptoms
Anxiety doesn’t look the same from one person to the next. You can see that in the above examples. That being said, there are common signs and symptoms of anxiety, which include:
- Excessive worry
- Racing thoughts
- Inability to focus
- Muscle tension
- Trouble sleeping
These symptoms aren’t fun—in fact, they are often difficult to deal with in everyday life and can injure your mental health further. If you are experiencing any combination of these symptoms, think about working with a professional. They can help you make sense of your symptoms, offer diagnosis, and then help you manage all that comes with your specific presentation of anxiety. You don’t have to try to manage your anxiety alone. Call Thriveworks Boston to meet with an experienced anxiety counselor.
Anxiety Types and Disorders: Generalized, Social, and Specific Phobia
As we’ve touched on multiple times now, some people experience anxiety every now and then, while other experience it more often than that—sometimes every day. Typically, the latter have an anxiety disorder. Here are a few example of the different types of anxiety disorders:
- Generalized Anxiety: This is the most common anxiety disorder. Those with generalized anxiety disorder have excessive worry or fear about various life events. These individuals often expect the worst and have a difficult time controlling their anxiety.
- Social Anxiety: This form of anxiety is rooted in a fear of social situations. Those with social phobia are scared of being negatively assessed or made fun of. They often avoid large crowds or being the center of attention.
- Specific Phobias: Specific phobias are anxiety rooted in a more specific event or situation. For example, one might have a phobia of flying, being in small spaces, or even bugs.
Regardless of the type or root, anxiety can change life as you know it. This is why getting the right help and support is so important. If you are experiencing any type or level of anxiety, reach out to Thriveworks Boston.
Schedule an Appointment for Counseling at Thriveworks Boston
Many people experience anxiety at some point in their lives. It might develop in teenhood and continue through adulthood or appear seemingly out of thin air. In any case, it often comes with harmful effects that negatively impact an individual’s life. Fortunately, there is effective treatment for anxiety like counseling.
If you’re struggling with anxiety, consider reaching out to Thriveworks Boston. A scheduling specialist will get you all set up with a skilled, caring counselor or psychologist who can assess your unique situation and help you better manage your anxiety. We hope to hear from you soon, and we look forward to going on this journey with you.