Anxiety Therapy in West Bloomfield, MI—Anxiety Therapists in Oakland County
Are there certain activities or events that make you uncomfortable? For example, social situations or those in which you’re the center of attention. Do you worry excessively about the future? Say, whether or not you’ll make it to work on time or if your husband will remember to pick up the kids from school. If so, you might have anxiety, just like 300 million people around the world.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), about 1 in 5 people have an anxiety disorder. Anxiety can look different from person to person, or even day to day, but it is characterized by excessive or uncontrollable worry. This can make one feel trapped, hopeless, and fearful. The good news, though, is that there is treatment for those who suffer with anxiety—treatment that is readily available and effective.
“Anxiety is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn’t get you very far.” –Jodi Picoult
Thriveworks West Bloomfield in Oakland County has anxiety therapists and psychologists on staff. These professionals have helped many people just like you to manage their anxiety, get to the root of its development, and cope with their symptoms. They can help you to get back to a life that you feel happy and excited about. They can restore your hope and help you find greater success, despite your anxiety. If you are struggling with anxiety and think that you could benefit from Detroit therapy or you’re looking for counseling near Detroit—and more specifically an anxiety therapist or psychologist—reach out to Thriveworks West Bloomfield in Oakland today. Give us a call at (248) 716-7057, a scheduling specialist will help you schedule an appointment.
Do I Have Anxiety? Is This Normal?
We all struggle with occasional stress and anxiety. But for some, it becomes excessive and they lose control. Anxiety is a state of constant fear, which is accompanied by dread, worry, and unrest. The symptoms are often mental, emotional, and physical in nature, and can cause further harm to the individual. These symptoms can include:
- Tense muscles
- Rapid heartbeat
- Difficulty falling or staying asleep
- Irritable feelings
- Excessive or uncontrollable worry
- Inability to focus
Trying to manage these symptoms of anxiety can be difficult. Fortunately, the anxiety therapists and psychologists at Thriveworks West Bloomfield in Oakland County can help you manage them and learn new coping mechanisms for dealing with your anxiety. If this sounds like something you need or could benefit from, schedule an appointment at Thriveworks West Bloomfield in Oakland with one of our anxiety therapists.
Anxiety Disorders: Generalized Anxiety, PTSD, Social Anxiety, and More
There are different kinds of anxiety, which vary in severity and presentation. Here are 5 of the main anxiety disorders:
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD): Generalized anxiety is day to day anxiety that becomes excessive or uncontrollable. This is the anxiety that most are familiar with.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD): The anxiety that comes with PTSD stems from trauma, like physical abuse, witnessing a natural disaster, or military combat. Victims of trauma might experience nightmares or flashbacks related to the traumatic event, and other harmful symptoms.
- Social Anxiety Disorder: This anxiety is triggered by social interactions. Those with social anxiety might feel nervous and uncomfortable in all social situations or in specific social situations such as when they are the center of attention.
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD): OCD is characterized by unwanted thoughts and repetitive behaviors that an individual is compelled to complete.
- Panic Disorder: Panic Disorder is extreme fear or anxiety caused by a perceived threat. Symptoms include a sense of impending doom, trembling, and shortness of breath.
Do you think that you might have one of the anxiety disorders listed above? Consider working with a Thriveworks West Bloomfield anxiety therapist or psychologist in Oakland County. They have the skills and the experience to help you succeed in therapy.
Schedule a Detroit Anxiety Therapy Appointment at Thriveworks West Bloomfield in Oakland County
Our main mission at Thriveworks West Bloomfield in Oakland is to help our clients live happy, healthy lives. If you are struggling with anxiety, odds are that your happiness and your wellbeing might be suffering. We want to help you address and manage this problem. Give Thriveworks West Bloomfield a call at (248) 716-7057 when you are ready to schedule your appointment. We’ll be here, and we look forward to your call!