Online Therapy in West Bloomfield, MI—Online Therapists, Counselors
Are you in search of online therapy in West Bloomfield, MI or the Oakland County, MI area? You’ve come to the right place. Thriveworks West Bloomfield offers online therapy sessions. Many clients have found this to be a convenient, effective option for them. And we want to help you find the right therapy option, too!
If you’re ready to schedule an appointment or you want to hear more about our services, give Thriveworks West Bloomfield a call at (248) 716-7057. We want to help all of our friends in West Bloomfield and Oakland County find the mental health help and support that they are looking for. Reach out today to schedule your first online therapy appointment.
What Is Online Therapy?
Online counseling is just as it sounds: it’s working with online therapists, or as some call them “internet therapists”. Instead of meeting with a therapist or counselor in-person, you have online therapy sessions. There are different ways to get therapy online, including:
- Phone therapy: One option for online therapy is working with your therapist on the phone. Your therapist would simply call you at a scheduled time and you would have your session over the phone.
- Video therapy: This is virtually the same as phone therapy—you’ll set up a day and time to work with your therapist in a video session.
- Email therapy (or via chat): With email therapy, your therapist can help you via email. Instead of occurring at a scheduled time, this typically occurs over an extended period of time, just as emailing with or texting with a friend occurs over an extended period of time.
Online therapy is a great option for many people, such as those who don’t want to meet with their therapist in person, as well as those who don’t have the time to meet with their therapist in person. In the same breath, some people simply prefer online therapy counseling to in-person therapy because it’s more convenient. We’ll dive into these benefits below.
What Are the Benefits of Online Therapy?
As we mentioned above, online mental health therapy is a smart and convenient option for many people. There are several benefits to working with online therapists (or internet therapists), including:
- It’s convenient: For some people, it’s inconvenient and frustrating getting to their therapy appointment, due to their busy schedule or the traffic they hit along the way. Online therapy directly addresses this issue by allowing people to attend online therapy sessions.
- It’s more comfortable: In addition to being convenient, online therapy is also more comfortable for many people—in the literal and figurative sense. You can attend your online therapy session from your couch or even in bed. Also, many people feel more comfortable mentally and emotionally meeting with their therapist online versus in-person.
- It’s affordable: Many major insurance plans cover mental health services, including online therapy. Here at Thriveworks, we work with most major insurance plans and strive to offer affordable rates, to best help our clients.
- It’s flexible: Additionally, online therapy comes with a level of flexibility that most healthcare does not. You can quickly schedule an appointment because online therapy is so flexible and convenient, due to the fact that it’s conducted through the devices right in front of you and at the tips of your fingers.
- It’s effective: Last but not least, online therapy is effective. While it might not be the traditional approach to therapy, it’s just as effective as in-person therapy for many people.
Are you ready to experience these benefits? Consider online therapy at Thriveworks West Bloomfield. We are ready to meet you, on the phone, on video chat, or via email!
Schedule Online Therapy at Thriveworks West Bloomfield, MI
Have you been thinking about seeking West Bloomfield therapy or Oakland therapy, but your nerves get the best of you? Or, is working therapy into your schedule a little too inconvenient? We have a solution for you: online therapy counseling. Online mental health therapy proves to help many people in need of mental health services. And it can help you, too!
If you are in West Bloomfield, MI or the Oakland County area, consider scheduling online therapy at Thriveworks West Bloomfield. Our online therapists would love to work with you. To schedule an appointment, all you have to do is call us at (248) 716-7057. We are excited to hear from you!