Tom has always prided himself on being a good father. Through little league games, school dances, graduations, and more, he’s played an active role in the lives of his kids. His wife and himself are now enjoying the beginning of their retirement, as new empty nesters. Tom’s spending more time focusing on his hobbies and friendships, something that he hasn’t done for quite some time.
Even though Tom enjoys a close social circle and juggles his time as evenly as possible between the people in his life, there’s little time for him to actually prioritize his own needs. And unbeknownst to anyone but his wife, Tom has struggled to rein in mood swings for years, but his anxiety about seeing a provider has been a constant roadblock. Tom knows that seeing a professional might help him regulate his emotions, but his fear of being judged has held him back.
Maybe you’re in a similar situation as Tom: You want to feel freedom from the mental health concerns that are weighing you down, but you still feel the burden of social stigma surrounding mental health services. At Thriveworks in Fredericksburg, VA, it’s part of our goal to make quality mental health care available for everyone.
One of the ways that we do that is through our online psychiatry program. Online psychiatry lets everyday people like yourself get the professional assistance and guidance they need without missing a step.
What Do Psychiatrists Do? How Can They Help?
If you’re not familiar with what it is that psychiatrists do, it might be difficult to understand how they can help you. For starters, our psychiatrists are medical doctors who are also licensed to conduct therapy sessions as a counselor would. They use their unique skill set to:
- Prescribe clients helpful medication in conjunction with therapy sessions
- Help with managing eating disorders
- Help clients manage mood or behavioral disorders that are disruptive and detrimental to their quality of life
- Treat clients as they recover from drug or alcohol addiction
Not everyone will benefit from connecting with a psychiatrist, but for those who do, your treatment plan will vary depending on your mental health needs. Mental health conditions and disorders manifest differently for everyone, but some of the issues that our psychiatrists commonly assist in treating include:
- Emotional regulation for those who struggle with controlling anger or grief
- Behavioral disorders, such as ADHD
- Anxiety disorders, like OCD or PTSD
- Emotional disorders, including major depression
It’s important never to try to diagnose yourself with a disorder or mental health condition. Instead, connecting with one of our psychiatrists is a great way to get professional insight from a medical doctor and licensed therapist.
The Benefits of Online Psychiatry
Our modern lifestyles are hectic; it’s no wonder that virtual sessions at Thriveworks have become so popular. Online psychiatry is a great way for people who are interested in:
- Reducing the anxiety some people feel about seeking mental health services. When you’re able to talk from the location of your choice, it can be easier to discuss concepts or situations related to your mental health needs
- Prioritizing their mental health, especially for those with busy work or travel schedules. Parents or those taking care of elder relatives can have the opportunity to take care of themselves, too.
- Skipping the commute to a brick-and-mortar location. As long as you have reliable internet and a private area to talk with your psychiatrist, you’re set to attend your session from home, the office, or wherever you prefer..
Online psychiatry is just another way that Thriveworks puts you first. We’re also committed to making sure that your virtual experience is safe—our online psychiatry sessions adhere to guidelines from both the APA and HIPAA. There’s no need to worry about your privacy being compromised, so you can focus on getting the most out of your session.
Schedule a Psychiatry Session with Thriveworks in Fredericksburg, VA
When you decide to reach out to our Fredericksburg office, you’ll be assisted by our team of scheduling specialists, who can assist you with each step. They’re not robots, but people who are there to help. Our scheduling team is also available seven days a week just for you. And when you do become a Thriveworks client, you get access to benefits like:
- Weekend and evening scheduling options
- The ability to contact your provider as needed, outside of appointments
- Quick response times from your provider’s office. Most clients have their first session within 24-48 hours of calling in for the first time; 97% say their appointments start on time, or even a little before the set time.
- Access to our Therapy Buddy app
- Q/A chat options with our life coaches
Dealing with mental health conditions and disorders can be challenging; things can be even more difficult when we decide to face these issues by ourselves. Thankfully, there’s no need to do that when the psychiatrists at Thriveworks can partner with you. If you’re ready to start dealing with the obstacles you’re facing, contact our Fredericksburg, VA office to start moving past them.