Online Counseling in Laurel, MD—Counselors and Therapists
Stacy has been looking for a counselor in her area with the skills and compassion to help her overcome her anxiety. Unfortunately, her schedule is very busy, and it limits how far she can travel to get counseling services. She wishes there was an option to talk to her counselor on lunch breaks or on the way home from work.
Jared and his family have always been in a constant state of back and forth. One minute they couldn’t be closer, and the next they can’t even stand to be in the same room as one another. He doesn’t feel like he can convince them to go to therapy, so he wants to go on his own. He’s scared that someone he knows will see him going into a counseling office and ask his family questions.
Jamila struggles with depression and sees a counselor at an office 15 minutes away from where she lives. While this may not seem like a far drive for most, it can be an uphill battle for Jamila. Sometimes it’s hard for her to get dressed, let alone get into a car and see people in public. She still wants to receive counseling, but doesn’t know how much longer she can do it this way.
Stacy, Jared, and Jamila are all going through some tough challenges. Can you relate to any of them? Luckily, all three of them don’t need to look any further for their answers. Online counseling is readily available and can help people work through any problem or challenge they’re dealing with. At Thriveworks Counseling in Laurel, MD, our online counselors have the training, background, and expertise to work with Stacy, Jared, and Jamila, and you, too. If you are going through something difficult and are ready to experience the benefits of working with a compassionate therapist from the comfort of your home, reach out to us today. We’re ready to help.
How Does Online Counseling Work?
Online counseling isn’t much different than traditional in-person counseling. Talking to a therapist at Thriveworks virtually will provide you with the same meaningful progression in your mental health journey. To get started, all you need is access to a phone or other electronic device with service or internet. If you decide to pursue online counseling, here’s how it will work based on which option you choose:
- Video Counseling: If you decide to work with your counselor over video chat, you’ll receive a link prior to your appointment. At your scheduled time, all you need to do is click the link and you’ll be taken to a video chat room. Video chat counseling gives you a “face-to-face” experience from wherever you are.
- Phone Counseling: Just like the name implies, you can talk to your counselor easily over the phone. This is the most convenient option as you don’t need access to the internet. At the time of your choosing, your counselor will give you a call and all you have to do is answer. Didn’t fix your hair before your appointment time? No worries. You won’t have to worry about someone seeing you for this option.
Both options are great, reliable, and effective. If you are having a hard time deciding between the two, try one session each way to see what feels most comfortable.
Can Online Counseling Help Me?
The short answer is yes! Online counseling is no different than what you may be used to with in-person counseling. Here at Thriveworks in Laurel, our therapists and counselors can help you work through whatever mental health challenge you may have. Whether you’re grieving the loss of a loved one or need some life coaching, we have your back. Some other more common reasons why people choose online counseling include family conflict, relationship problems, child therapy, mental illnesses, trauma, and more.
What are the Benefits of Online Counseling?
As we have briefly touched on already, there is a myriad of reasons to choose online counseling. Comfort and convenience being the top two reasons. Let’s dive into the benefits a little more:
- It’s comfortable – You can talk to your therapist from the comfort of your own home, even from your bed.
- It’s convenient – Want to talk to your counselor on the way home from work? No problem. After you finish cleaning up dinner? You’ve got it! Going on vacation but don’t want to miss your appointment? No worries.
- It’s reliable – You don’t have to worry about outside factors like weather, traffic, and getting held up in the line at the bank. Online counseling is right in your pocket.
- It’s affordable – Most insurance carriers now cover online counseling. In addition, Thriveworks Counseling has great self-pay options too.
There are so many other great reasons to choose online counseling. We can help you explore them all.
Work with an Online Counselor at Thriveworks Laurel, MD
Does online counseling sound like everything you have been searching for? Does it sound too good to be true? Luckily, it’s not. And you can get started almost immediately. When you are ready to take the next step, give us a call and one of our scheduling specialists can help you find an appointment time that works best with your schedule. We offer flexible scheduling options and can often get you in to your first appointment within 24 hours of your initial call. Don’t wait any longer to get the help you deserve. We’re here and ready to help.