Christian Counseling in Columbia, MD—Howard Christian Counselors
Do you feel down in the dumps lately? Are you experiencing symptoms of a mental illness? Do you and your spouse bicker endlessly? Are you struggling to feel happy or fulfilled? If the answer is yes, and you are of the Christian faith, you might be interested in Christian counseling! Christian counseling is designed to help people through their mental health challenges and other life issues. Christian counselors pair their professional knowledge and expertise with teachings of the Christian faith to help their clients.
To be a Christian without prayer is no more possible than to be alive without breathing. –Martin Luther
Thriveworks Columbia, MD is happy to offer Christian counseling. We have seen this form of counseling benefit many people, and we’re excited to help others through Christian counseling, too! To schedule your Christian counseling appointment, all you have to do is contact our office by dialing (420) 910-2708 or you can book right from this page. Either way, we’re happy to have you and can’t wait to meet with you!
Benefits of Working with a Christian Counselor
Christian counseling has the power to help people of the Christian faith reconnect with their Christianity and work through the problems that are tainting their livelihood. Here are a few specific benefits that come with working with a Christian counselor:
- Shared beliefs and recognition of a higher power: Your Thriveworks Columbia Christian Counselor walks the same faithful path. They recognize the authority of God and use His principles to lead clients toward a more joyful life. They will reinforce the fact that sometimes counting on our own individual strength is not enough. Instead, we need to lean on God in times of trouble and can also benefit from seeking help from a Christian counselor.
- Encouragement to believe and follow God’s plan: Christian counselors know that sometimes us humans can stray off the path that is meant for us. They will steer us in the right direction again by reminding us of God’s plan and using His guiding principles. This will help you to take actions that relate to your Biblical Truth.
- Pursuit of a higher, ever-important goal: Every person comes to counseling for their own reason(s). Someone might decide to pursue counseling because they’re experiencing symptoms of a mental illness, while another might pursue counseling because they are experiencing problems in their relationship. Whatever your reason might be, your Christian counseling will keep in mind a higher, ever-important goal as well, which is to help you walk in your faith and live a meaningful, fulfilled life.
- Discovery of hope and healing: Finally, Christian counseling can help you find real hope and healing. It’s easy to feel hopeless or unmotivated when it seems like everything is going wrong. They will work to instill this hope in you again and help you find true healing, by reconnecting you with your faith and your relationship with God.
These are just a few Christian counseling benefits we have identified. There are many others, of which might vary from person to person, depending on their unique situation.
Can I Benefit from Christian Counseling?
Christian counseling can prove helpful and valuable in many different scenarios. It can help an individual who is struggling with an addiction or another mental health condition; it can help someone who is suffering with grief after the loss of a loved one; it can also help someone who is doing their best to weather a storm in their most important relationship(s). Long story short, Christian counseling can prove beneficial to many different people who come from varying backgrounds.
We don’t want you to feel like you are alone. God is always on your side, and the Christian counselors at Thriveworks Columbia Counseling are here to remind you of that. They are also here to provide you with additional assistance, guidance, and support.
Schedule Christian Counseling at Thriveworks Columbia, MD
The Christian counselors at Thriveworks Columbia are taking new Christian counseling clients today! They are devoted to their faith and they want to help guide other Christians in the right direction. If you think that you could benefit from this type of counseling, reach out to Thriveworks Columbia’s office today. We can get you all set up with your first appointment right away: Often, new clients meet with their provider within 24-48 hours! In addition, you’ll get to choose from different counseling options, including online counseling and flexible appointment times on the weekends and in the evenings.
Our Christian counselors are excited for the chance to meet with you. You can book your session right from this page or give our office a call at (410) 910-2708.
- Beacon Health Options
- CareFirst BCBS
- United Healthcare
Self Pay Rate: $130
Helene Diop, LCPC, LCDAC Board-App Supervisor
** Hélène offers mental health services in English and French
Hélène Diop is a licensed Clinical Professional Counselor, LCPC & LCADC Board-Approved Supervisor in the State of Maryland. Mrs. Diop has treated and supported individuals, couples, and families on three continents – Europe, North & South America – as well as various states in the US. Her cross-cultural professional trainings and experiences have uniquely equipped her to understand that a person’s challenges in life are often resolved by effectively negotiating one’s worldview’s demands and the context in which a person lives.
Mrs. Diop tailors her treatment approaches to her clients/patients’ needs and strengths. She does not believe that “One size fit all” would be the most effective practice in the field of psychology. She bases her clinical practice on integrative approaches such as: Schema, Psychoanalyses, Emotional Intelligence, Reality, Solution Focused therapies, and some aspects of the Gottman approach of couple therapy.
Mrs. Diop has experience in treating individuals/families with related legal issues (Drug Court, Mental Health Court). Over the years, Mrs. Diop has treated and supported patients with a variety of mental health issues, ranging from:
- Adjustment Disorders
- Grief & Loss
- Depression and Anxiety Disorders
- Adolescence-related Issues
- Family Relationship Problems
- Marriage/Couple Issues
- Men’s & Women’s Issues
- Bipolar and Mood Related Disorders
- Behavior and Impulse Control Conditions
- Substance Use and Personality Disorders
- Reality Impairment Illnesses
- Beacon Health Options
- CareFirst BCBS
- United Healthcare
Self Pay Rate: $99
Sandra Anderson, LICSW
Sandra is a Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker in the District of Columbia and Maryland.
For the last decade, she has been advocating for individuals and families struggling with mental health concerns. She has provided therapeutic services to a diverse array of individuals of all ages, primarily focused on childhood trauma. Through her work, she is committed to helping people overcome eating disorders, substance abuse, depression, anxiety, trauma, and other similar stressors that affect all of us at some time in our lives.
Sandra believes that healing is a collaborative endeavor that requires honest caring without judgment, and she cooperatively assists her clients in clarifying their goals for treatment. Rather than adopting one methodology for all individuals and issues, she draws from a variety of methods to create a tailored approach for each individual and situation. As a therapist, she is warm, open, encouraging, and direct. She considers herself an active therapist, combining experience, education, creativity, and sense of humor with a down-to-earth, realistic approach to counseling. She strongly believes that change can happen in one's life at any point if one is willing and able. Her goal is to provide a safe space for clients to feel accepted, understood, and valued. Sandra looks forward to starting this journey with you.