Therapy and Counseling for Breakups – Therapists in Columbia, MD
It takes a great deal of energy and conscious planning to perfectly overcome all the challenges relationship breakups bring into people’s lives. On most occasions, it is quite helpful to involve an experienced relationship counselor or therapist, who can proffer practical ways to decisively deal with post-breakup headaches.
Some of the challenges confronted by breakup partners, lovers or spouses include but are not limited to these three issues:
- Financial worries: Most break-up partners face certain financial hardships in their post-breakup life. This is because the financial assistance they used to get from their former spouse or partner has disappeared with their breakup.
- Mental challenges: Once a breakup has taken place, either one of the partners or both of them may handle this experience badly. There have been instances of people suffering from acute depression, anxiety disorder and extreme discomfort after breakups.
- Social problems: Some of the examples of social problems associated with breakups include withdrawal from social circles, being unfriendly to past friends and colleagues, and poor communication ability. Those facing this kind of situation often refrain from socializing with the other people. They prefer to stay quietly indoors.
However, working closely with a relationship counselor or therapist can help you overcome the stress and challenges a breakup often causes. A trained relationship therapist understands your concerns and will work towards helping you deal with them in a positive way. As a matter of fact, an experienced therapist will:
- Listen attentively to all your concerns and offer practical solutions
- Consider your worries professionally and then make every effort to help you out
- Encourage you to rid your mind of guilt and anxiety
- Assist you throughout the process of self-recovery
- Teach you how to deal with the symptoms of a breakup, which include anxiety, depression, sleeplessness, lack of motivation, hopelessness and self-doubt
- Recommend real-time solutions to your mental, social and financial problems
- Bring back your self-confidence
Don’t go through all these post-breakup issues alone, why don’t you give us a call so that we can arrange a consultation for you?