Linda has always been a busy person. Between taking care of her kids, managing her high-demand job, and making time for her friends, finding time to care for her mental health had never been easy.
As someone with persistent depressive disorder, making this time was essential. Thankfully, Linda found the perfect solution. Every Wednesday at 5 pm, while her kids were at swim practice, she closed out of her work email, clicked on a secure link, and started her weekly video call session with her therapist.
At first, Linda was skeptical of meeting with a therapist online. She was worried that it wouldn’t be as effective as traditional therapy. But after her first session, she realized that she was still receiving the same compassionate care. The difference was that she didn’t have to worry about driving to an office.
Finding the care you need can be tricky. Finding mental health services that suit your lifestyle can be even harder. That’s why at Thriveworks in Grand Prairie, TX, we’re proud to offer online therapy and counseling to make getting the help you need more accessible than ever.
Do you want to work with an online therapist or counselor? Consider calling our office today to set up your first appointment.
Types of Online Therapy and Counseling Offered at Thriveworks
In-person mental health services address many different types of mental health problems and online therapy or counseling can fill the same role for our clients. At Thriveworks, our trained psychologists, counselors, therapists, and psychiatrists can help you overcome the issues you’re facing.
You can access many different types of therapy and counseling remotely, including:
- Family therapy and child therapy
- Marriage counseling and couples therapy
- Depression therapy
- Anxiety therapy
- LGBTQ+ counseling
- Substance abuse counseling
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) therapy
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Grief and loss counseling
- PTSD counseling and trauma therapy
- Anger and stress management
- Life coaching for managing life transitions
- Career coaching
Receiving these services can often be life-changing, which is why we offer them online. Online therapy provides benefits such as:
- Increased accessibility: Online mental health services make therapy and counseling more accessible for a wider range of people. You can meet with online therapists and counselors without having a counseling center near your house — this lets people access professional counseling and therapy no matter where they live.
- Increased reliability: Since you don’t have to drive to an office, you can meet with your counselor or therapist from nearly anywhere. That means bad weather, traffic, or a work trip won’t force you to cancel a session that you want to attend.
- Added comfort: For some people, the idea of going to a strange place to talk about their thoughts and feelings is scary. Connecting with your counselor through video chats or phone calls means that your sessions can be held where you’re most comfortable, whether that be on your bed, at the dining room table, or even in your car.
Studies show that online therapy and counseling can be just as effective as traditional therapy, so you won’t be trading convenience for effectiveness when working with an online provider from Thriveworks Counseling in Grand Prairie, TX.
What To Expect: Online Counseling Sessions
You can work with a therapist or counselor through phone calls or video chats. But how does it work? It’s actually pretty simple.
For those speaking over the phone, your licensed counselor or therapist will call you at your scheduled session time. All you have to do is pick up your phone. For anyone meeting with their counselor via video chat, you’ll be sent a secure link by email. Clicking the link will take you to a video call where you and your counselor can speak face-to-face.
If you’re participating in group counseling, such as family therapy or relationship therapy, everyone will receive their own link to the session.
No matter how you meet your provider from Thriveworks Counseling in Grand Prairie, TX, you can expect to receive empathetic and effective treatment that addresses your unique needs.
Schedule an Online Therapy Session in Grand Prairie, TX
Call today if you’re ready to meet with an online therapist or counselor from Thriveworks Counseling in Grand Prairie, TX. Some new clients can meet with a provider within 24-48 hours. Our providers accept most major health insurance plans and offer affordable rates for those paying out of pocket.
When you enroll with Thriveworks, you’ll gain access to other resources that can supplement your care, including:
- Our Therapy Buddy mobile app, where you can record your sessions, jot down helpful takeaways, create a homework to-do list, note items to talk about in your next session, and set reminders for future sessions.
- Our community discussion board, where you and other Thriveworks users can discuss any concerns you have in forums moderated by counselors.
- Our text support line where you can get easy and quick information on your scheduling and billing concerns.
At Thriveworks in Grand Prairie, TX, we believe everyone deserves access to mental health services. Schedule a session today to meet with a licensed mental health professional.