When was the last time you thought about the condition of your mental health? If it’s been a while, maybe there’s a reason. Perhaps you work a lot, or your family life has you booked from sunrise to sundown. It’s understandable that many of us sideline our mental wellbeing when we get overwhelmed with the sheer amount of tasks and interactions that fill up our daily lives, but it’s actually pretty important to stop every now and then to take inventory of ourselves.
It makes sense to prioritize our mental health, though. When we aren’t able to do so, we’re not fully present during important interactions and events, and it’s harder to just be ourselves. Thus caring for your mental wellbeing is also about prioritizing the people and things that you love. Mental health care can be a great way to find a new way to find balance in your life by exploring how it feels to be emotionally in tune with yourself.
When you connect with a Thriveworks counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist, you’re choosing to engage with an industry-leading mental health professional. Though it might initially sound like you’re putting your private thoughts out in the open, their job isn’t to judge you. Therapy or psychiatric care isn’t a solitary experience, but an exploration into greater wellbeing with your provider. Thriveworks in Carlsbad, CA helps everyday people reach new heights and hold on to their achievements through life’s ups and downs.
How Can Mental Health Care Benefit Me?
People who choose to improve their quality of life through Thriveworks often do so for the following reasons:
- Difficulty coping with and regulating work or family-related stress
- Difficulty regulating emotions like anger or grief
- They’ve been feeling sad or hopeless for an extended period of time
- They’re experiencing issues in their marriage or relationship
- Anxiety or disruptive, racing thoughts are upsetting their daily life
Don’t worry if something that you’re dealing with isn’t listed above—every person’s experience and unique set of needs will be different. We understand that, and it’s part of our comprehensive therapy and psychiatric approach. Connecting with our mental health professionals is an opportunity to share your personal experience with another human who’s simply there to help. By sharing your feelings you’re actually providing them with the feedback they need to assist you.
The Benefits of Online Psychiatry
While many people are familiar with what a counselor or therapist does, not everyone is aware of the special role that our Thriveworks psychiatrists play. Psychiatrists are a specialized type of mental health professional, and they work to treat and diagnose common behavioral and mood disorders that can be difficult for clients to manage alone. Psychiatrists are set apart by their:
- Medical background as MDs
- Ability to prescribe medications
- Combinative approach to mental healthcare, by using prescriptions and/or therapy sessions to assist clients
Connecting with a psychiatrist isn’t necessary for all clients, but for those with conditions such as ADHD, OCD, anxiety, or depression, online psychiatric care can often be the most effective method of treatment. Online psychiatry provides a secure, convenient, and effective method for mental health care. When you book and attend a session online, you’ll be able to:
- Rest assured, knowing that Thriveworks online services still follow the strictest guidelines from the APA and HIPAA
- Receive the same quality care that you would from an in-person session
- Connect with your psychiatrist from home, your office, or anywhere that has reliable internet and a private space to chat
- Still make time for your own needs if you’re watching the kids or elderly loved ones
- Get the mental health care you need, even if you suffer from mobility issues or chronic health conditions
While many of the factors above might contribute to you assuming you don’t have time to address your mental health needs, online psychiatry might change your mind. There’s no need to put your concerns on the back burner when our skilled psychiatric team is just a phone call away.
Schedule Psychiatric Care, Therapy, or Counseling with Thriveworks in Carlsbad, CA
There’s no time like the present, and Thriveworks in Carlsbad, CA wants to help you fully enjoy the special moments in your life. That’s why we’ve done our best to streamline our client experience—meaning that you’ll be spending more time doing what you enjoy, and less time being frustrated and confused while trying to schedule sessions. Thriveworks offers an array of benefits for those who enroll with us, including:
- 24/7 booking assistance from our scheduling specialists
- Weekend and evening openings
- Same day booking, and the ability to cancel 30 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment
- Our life coach Q/A chat, for those questions that can’t wait until your next session
- Our Therapy Buddy app, designed to measure your personal progress as you advance through your treatment program
Getting mental health care shouldn’t feel like a hassle, and it shouldn’t be something to feel ashamed about. Seeking to connect with a mental health professional at Thriveworks is a way of taking matters into your own hands. Start today by giving us a call—we’re ready to help.