The symptoms of anxiety and depression can disrupt your daily life, preventing you from functioning and achieving your goals. With treatment and the right lifestyle changes, many are able to start to overcome their anxiety and depression and refocus on living their lives once more.
And at Thriveworks San Diego, CA our providers know how to fight both depression and anxiety—and they can help you overcome the symptoms you’re facing. The anxiety therapists and depression counselors at Thriveworks have helped many people manage their symptoms so that they can live the life they deserve.
What Is Anxiety Therapy?
Anxiety therapy works to treat the symptoms of these conditions—symptoms that can often affect multiple aspects of daily life in a negative manner. The following are some of the effects that both depression counseling and anxiety therapy can treat:
- Hypersomnia or insomnia: Difficulties surrounding sleep are a common effect of anxiety and depression.
- Fatigue: Fighting depression and anxiety can deplete people’s energy, leaving little space in their lives for anything else.
- Difficulty focusing: Negative thoughts often accompany depression and anxiety. These thoughts can capture people’s focus and make focusing upon what matters more difficult.
- Disrupted eating habits: Many people experience disrupted appetite, taste buds, and eating habits as they experience anxiety and depression. As with sleep, people can experience an increase or a decrease in appetite.
- Indecisiveness – Making decisions while battling anxiety and depression can take a herculean effort. Even small choices, like where to eat or what to wear, can overwhelm people.
Depression counselors and anxiety therapists may use a myriad of different therapeutic approaches in order to help clients work through their challenges. Some of the most common include:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Solutions-focused brief therapy
- Acceptance and commitment therapy
- Exposure therapy
- And more
Anxiety therapists and depression counselors at Thriveworks San Diego will work closely with you in order to find a unique approach that factors in your lifestyle, personality, and goals in each session.
What Is Depression Counseling?
With help from a depression counselor at Thriveworks San Diego, CA, you can start to work through the issues being created by your depression. It’s important to remember that although not all depressive symptoms are severe enough to be diagnosed as disorders, our depression counselors can work with clients who are suffering from mere symptoms to the following depressive disorders:
- Major depression
- Minor depression
- Postpartum depression
- Seasonal affective disorder
- Bipolar depression
- And more
When you attend depression counseling at Thriveworks San Diego, CA, you’ll form a lasting relationship with a caring and empathetic counselor. And with the ability to meet both online or in-person, you don’t have to worry about missing sessions—our providers will help incorporate our next-level services into your busy schedule.
Anxiety Counseling in San Diego, CA
Thriveworks San Diego, CA offers anxiety counseling to people of all walks of life. Just like with the symptoms of depression, anxiety doesn’t always mean that you have an anxiety disorder.
However, our anxiety counseling services can help to treat day-to-day anxiety symptoms as well as some of the most common anxiety disorders many people experience, such as:
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Social anxiety disorder
- Separation anxiety disorder
- Selective mutism
- Panic disorder
- And many others
Anxiety can be a frustrating and invasive nuisance in your day-to-day life. Instead of letting your anxiety control you, reach out to an anxiety counselor at Thriveworks in San Diego, CA to get back on track.
And just like with our depression counseling services, you’ll be able to meet with your provider online or in person, making treatment as convenient as possible.
Treat Depression and Anxiety at Thriveworks San Diego, CA
With Thriveworks San Diego, CA we offer great benefits, in addition to our depression therapy and anxiety counseling services. You’ll be able to:
- Get mental health help when and where you need it — within the same week as scheduling, in-person and online
- Quickly schedule online or by phone
- Get personalized mental health care for your unique needs
- Meet one-on-one with an industry-leading provider
If you’re done letting anxiety or depression run your life, give Thriveworks San Diego, CA a call today, or go online to book your session. Our therapists and counselors are standing by to assist you.