Virginia Beach, VA Insomnia Counseling
Just because people are tired does not mean that they are able to sleep. Have you ever found yourself exhausted but awake in the middle of the night? Maybe you resonate with one of these experiences…
- Having a hard time falling asleep. Some people lie awake each night for several hours before they fall asleep, if they fall asleep at all.
- Waking before you are fully rested. Other people fall asleep easily but wake up after a short night’s sleep. They may only get an hour or two of rest each night before their body says it is time to start the day.
- Sleeping the whole night but waking up exhausted. It may appear that these people are sleeping well, but sleep should not drain energy. Sleep revitalizes. Yet, some people wake up more tired than when they went to bed.
Many people wrestle with these forms of sleep disruptions. Many people also want relief, but they do not know where to find it.
Insomnia counseling has helped people who have insomnia regain the sleep they need. Seeking out qualified help and receiving holistic care from a professional has been the path back to regular sleep that many people need. Insomnia counseling can guide people toward effect adjustments to the daily habits that are conducive for sleep. Insomnia counselors also go deep, treating any accompanying mental health problems that could be causing or exacerbating the sleep disruption.
Insomnia counseling at Virginia Beach, VA provides people with holistic care, and our counselors are equipped to help their clients form healthy sleeping habits.
Michael works all day and takes classes at night. He knows what he wants out of life and works hard to achieve it. Over the past few months, Michael has struggled to fall asleep quickly. He often has to lay in bed for hours before falling asleep. Occasionally, Michael cannot fall asleep at all. A good night’s sleep now means that Michael got three hours of rest.
Michael is having a hard time keeping up with his busy life. He has had a hard time focusing at school, and at work, Michael forgot about an important deadline. While driving home last week, he almost sideswiped another car.
Michael worries, wondering if he will ever sleep normally again. He tried some remedies that he found online, but after working for a night or two, Michael is back to not sleeping.
Have you experienced sleep disruptions and the frustrations that come with them? Many people are like Michael: unable to get the sleep they need.
Are you worried about how much sleep you are getting—or not getting? Do you wonder if there is a way to sleep normally again?
Insomnia counseling has helped many people overcome the challenges of sleep disruption. The counselors at Virginia Beach, VA have assistant their clients on the journey toward healthy sleep habits.
How Could Insomnia Counseling Help?
Virginia Beach, VA’s counselors apply a holistic treatment with their insomnia clients.
Our professionals often supply their clients with useful solutions to their specific sleep disruptions. Overtime, these practical habits can improve sleeping conditions.
Our counselors know that finding out what may be causing the insomnia is important. Insomnia counseling is not a quick and easy fix. Instead, insomnia counseling at Virginia Beach, VA goes deep, treating insomnia and its cause.
Questions our counselors have explored to treat insomnia’s causes may include…
- What daily habits promote sleep? Which can be adjusted because they inhibit sleep?
- Has a mental or physical health problem caused the insomnia or made it worse?
- Are negative thoughts such as, I can never sleep through the night again or I’m terrible at sleeping, exacerbated the sleep disruption?
- Could a different or adjusted sleep environment be more conducive for healthy sleep habits?
- How could meditation or relaxation techniques guide the client’s thoughts toward relaxation?
With years of experience and extensive training, our counselors have the skills to identify what may be causing the insomnia. They often guide clients on how to navigate the hardships that come with sleep disruption and help their clients find treatment for whatever may be causing the insomnia.
Practical Habits for a Cultivating a Good Night’s Sleep
Every person faces unique sleep disruptions. Practical solutions that work for one person may not work for another. Our experienced professionals often direct their clients toward practical, daily habits that will work for them. To find tailored sleep solutions, insomnia counseling may explore topics such as …
- Waking up and going to bed at the same time every day.
- Curbing caffeine and alcohol intake.
- Stopping catnaps and other daytime rest.
- Using the bed for sex and sleep only
Setting Up an Appointment
Do you want to sleep well again and to make the changes necessary to achieve a good night’s sleep? If you are ready, our professionals are ready to guide you through those adjustments.
There are appointments for insomnia counseling available at Virginia Beach, VA. We keep convenient hours for appointments because you lead a busy life. But we do not keep a waitlist, but we even see some clients within 24 hours of calling. We also accept many insurance plans.
We hope that scheduling an appointment with a counselor at Virginia Beach, VA leads to restful nights and productive days. Call today to set up a time for insomnia counseling.