Licensure Supervision in Short Pump, VA
Thriveworks Short Pump is pleased to offer supervision to Licensed Eligible Clinicians and seeking clinical licensure as Clinical Social Workers (LCSW). Supervision is provided by Julie Best, LCSW who has over 15 year of clinical and supervisory experience. https://thriveworks.com/short-pump-counseling/short-pump-counselors/. Julie is recognized by the Virginia Board of Examiner’s for Professional Counselors as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker- Supervisor.
The personal & professional approach in supervision is collaborative & supportive! Your professional development & therapeutic competence are the key focus areas. You can expect to grow your awareness, conceptualization and administrative skills-all vital to your success as a professional counselor. Supervision meetings are offered in both individual and group formats. Instruction is designed to be exciting and thought-provoking.
How Do I Get Started:
The foundation of any collaborative agreement is grounded in the strength of the relationship between Supervisor and Supervisee. To this end, Mrs. Wilcox offers 30 minute consultations (at no cost) for all potential Licensure Supervisees. During this consultation the practice style and expectations of both parties can be discussed. At that point a mutual decision can be made as to whether or not it is appropriate to move forward with establishing a formal licensure contract.
Required Education for an LCSW in Virginia:
- Professional identity, function and ethics
- Theories of counseling and psychotherapy
- Counseling and psychotherapy techniques
- Human growth and development
- Group counseling and psychotherapy, theories and techniques
- Appraisal, evaluation and diagnostic procedures
- Abnormal behavior and psychopathology
- Multicultural counseling, theories and techniques
- Diagnosis and treatment of addictive disorders
- Marriage and family systems theory
What does Virginia require from a supervised internship?
- 15 hours per week of face to face client contact totaling a minimum of 1380 hours
- Hours must be obtained in no less than 2 but no more than 4 years
What does Virginia require in formal supervision?
- 3,000 hours of supervised post-master’s clinical experience completed in no less than two years, including 100 hours of face-to-face clinical supervision under a licensed clinical social worker
- Between one to four hours of face-to-face supervision must be completed for every 40 hours of work experience;
- Applicants must meet with their clients 15 hours for every 40 hours of experience
What areas of clinical training/focus are required by the State of Virginia?
There are nine identified Social Work Competencies. Each competency describes the knowledge, values, skill and cognitive and affective processes that comprise the competency at the generalist level:
- Demonstrate Ethical and Professional Behavior
- Engage Diversity and Difference in Practice
- Advance Human Rights and Social, Economic and Environmental Justice
- Engage in Practice Informed Research and Research-Informed Practice
- Engage in Policy Practice
- Engage with Individuals, Families, Groups, Organizations and Communities
- Assess Individuals, Families, Groups, Organizations and Communities
- Intervene with Individuals, Families, Groups, Organizations and Communities
- Evaluate Practice with Individuals, Families, Groups, Organizations and Communities
- 99.00 per individual session
- Discounted rate of 75.00 per individual session (100 session contract)
- 75.00 per group session
- Discounted rate of 60.00 per group sessions (100 session contract)