Online counseling can provide therapy services to patients in a more flexible, accessible way. It brings the services and resources to you, wherever you are and whatever your situation is.
If you’ve been considering starting therapy but concerned about how to fit it into your life, online therapy could be right for you. If you need help with next steps, Thriveworks can show you how to start virtual therapy in TX, plus offer you in-person services through our Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Round Rock office if you decide that’s the right route for you. Our in-person and online therapists can help you with whatever you’re dealing with, providing support and attention and giving you tools to deal with what you’re facing.
What Is Online Therapy? How Is It Different From In-Person Therapy?
Online therapy is essentially identical to in-person therapy, but it’s conducted online rather than in an office. At Thriveworks, we do our online sessions via secure video conferencing, which can be much more convenient and accessible than traditional therapy.
There are many benefits to online therapy. Since there is no need to leave wherever you are when it’s time for your session, patients save time and money on transportation. Online therapy also cuts down on wait times, increases patient accessibility, and can even reduce stigma.
Online counseling has shown itself to be just as effective and lead to higher patient and counselor satisfaction.
Do I Need Online Counseling?
There are many reasons that people decide to go to therapy, each unique to every patient. However, there are some common signs and feelings that something with your mental health may need to be addressed.
Examples of emotions or behavior that could mean you should see a counselor include:
- Constant feelings of sadness, hopelessness, or emptiness
- Excessive worry or fear
- Feelings of restlessness, difficulty making decisions and concentrating
- Withdrawal from social interaction or those close to you
- Losing interest in hobbies or activities that used to bring you joy
- Frequent panic attacks
- Issues with substance abuse
- Relationship issues
- Low self-esteem
- Intense stress; feeling overwhelmed
These are some common issues that point to mental health problems, but they are hardly the only reasons for needing help with your mental health. These signs can be due to any number of disorders or experiences, and by speaking with a mental health professional, you and your provider will be able to work through them together and create a treatment plan that’s best for you.
Even if you aren’t experiencing any of these signs but still feel like you need to make changes in your life, or like you might be reaching your fullest potential as you are now, therapy can help anyone make healthy adjustments to their lives. Online counseling makes accessing these resources even easier, giving you flexibility in when and where you have your sessions.
Types of Online Counseling Services
Online counselors offer most of the same service as in-person services. Some of the most commonly-used therapies are:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT): Focuses on addressing the connections between one’s thoughts, emotions, and behaviors, as well as developing healthier behaviors in order to reduce symptoms. Often used to treat anxiety, depression, and other common mental health issues.
- Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT): Similarly to CBT, DBT focuses on the connection between emotions and behavior, but specifically focuses on emotional regulation, dealing with stress, and addressing relationship problems. Commonly used to treat borderline personality disorder, PTSD, eating disorders, and self-harm, among others.
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR) therapy: Concentrates on relieving symptoms resulting from a traumatic or emotionally disturbing experience by using an eight-step process, one of which uses eye-movement to desensitize the patient.
- Family therapy: Deals with personal relationships within a family, and therefore will involve multiple patients. This is meant to help address any conflict happening within the family dynamic by teaching good communication skills and other strategies to relieve tension and create a healthier home environment.
Some types of therapy may have to be adjusted to suit itself to video conferencing, but online counseling has been tested and proved to be just as effective as in-person practices. Virtual therapy can also be more comfortable for some, since you can be in your home or another familiar place instead of an unfamiliar new environment.
Are There Any Online Therapy Services That Take Insurance? How to Find Online Therapy
Here at Thriveworks, we strive to meet the needs of all of our patients, and that includes taking insurance. In fact, Thriveworks accepts a wide range of insurance plans, covering 1 in 2 insured Americans.
To find a Thriveworks therapist that accepts your insurance, simply use our online booking tool or call us and speak to one of our scheduling specialists. We make getting connected to a therapist who meets your needs and preferences quick and easy.
Are There Online Therapy Services in Round Rock? Where to Chat With an Online Therapist in Round Rock
If you’re wondering how to find online therapy in Round Rock, Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Round Rock has you covered. With both in-person and online services offered, our office can get you set up with a provider and help you on your way to living a healthier, happier life. Schedule a session with us today.