Depression Therapy in Richmond, VA (Shockoe Bottom)—Depression Therapists, Counselors
Are you exhibiting depression symptoms, such as a lack of interest in day to day responsibilities and difficulty sleeping? Do you feel sad on a daily basis and uninterested in school, work, or your relationships?
Depression is, in the very least, scary. And it’s important that you get the treatment you need, as soon as you need it, whether you have minor depression, seasonal affective disorder, major depressive disorder, or another form of depression. In any case, if you are experiencing harmful depression symptoms (such as those above) as well as other negative consequences, reach out to Thriveworks Richmond, VA (Shockoe Bottom). We have depression therapists who can help.
“I found that with depression, one of the most important things you could realize is that you’re not alone.” –Dwayne Johnson
The depression therapists and psychologists at Thriveworks Richmond, VA (Shockoe Bottom) have helped many people manage and overcome their depression. Their approach to therapy will depend on your specific symptoms, needs, and therapy goals, but they will ultimately help you live better in the wake of your depression. If you think that you could benefit from working with a depression therapist, give Thriveworks Richmond, VA (Shockoe Bottom) a call at (804) 980-7242.
What Are Common Depression Symptoms?
There are different types of depression, some of which we mentioned above: minor depression, seasonal affective disorder, major depression, and others. However, when people use the term depression, they are usually referring to major depression or major depressive disorder. This mood disorder is characterized by a deep despair and loss of interest in once loved activities. For an individual to be diagnosed with major depression, they must exhibit five or more of the following symptoms for two weeks or longer:
- Depressed mood (e.g., sadness, hopelessness)
- Reduced interest or desire in most activities.
- Weight loss or gain (a 5% change or greater)
- Sleep disturbances, like insomnia or hypersomnia
- Changes in activity levels
- Fatigue; loss of energy
- Self-hatred or feelings of worthlessness
- Lack of concentration
- Suicidal thoughts and ideation
If you’re presenting the above symptoms, it’s important that you work with a medical professional, as these can prove harmful to your health and wellbeing. A medical professional can assess your symptoms and offer a diagnosis as well as treatment recommendations. Consider working with a depression therapist at Thriveworks Richmond, VA (Shockoe Bottom) to better manage your depression symptoms, determine a potential cause of your depression, and ultimately live better.
Schedule Depression Therapy at Thriveworks Richmond, VA (Shockoe Bottom)
Here at Thriveworks, our team of mental health professionals believes that everyone can benefit from working with a skilled, caring counselor or coach. There is no shame in reaching out for help. If you are experiencing harmful symptoms of depression, reach out to us today so that we can get you the treatment that you need as soon as possible. Give us a call at (804) 980-7242.
When you call our office, a scheduling specialist will set you up with a depression therapist who has the right skills and experience to help you. One of our many goals is to provide our clients with a positive experience in therapy from start to finish. We stand apart from other counseling practices. Here’s how:
- Exceptional providers: We only partner with the best of the best professionals. The counselors, therapists, psychologists, and life coaches at Thriveworks possess impressive knowledge and skills, as well as experience to truly help their clients.
- Excellent customer service: When you call in, a scheduling specialist will walk you through the quick and easy process. They’ll ask you a few basic questions and then work to get you scheduled.
- Extended office hours: We understand that it’s tough to miss school or work for an appointment. For this reason, we offer extended hours in the evenings and on the weekends.
- Flexible cancellations: We also offer a flexible 23.5-hour cancellation policy. This means that you can cancel or reschedule your appointment without penalty as long as you give us a 23.5-hour notice.
If you want to experience these benefits and discover additional benefits, come see us at Thriveworks Richmond, VA (Shockoe Bottom). We have depression therapists on staff who are eager to help you live a happier, healthier life.