Whether we like it or not, our most important relationships will be tested. Those with our friends, family members, and—of course—our spouses. Oftentimes, these are the people we spend the majority of our time with. We make important decisions with our spouses, and we share with them our greatest dreams and desires. It’s only natural that we disagree, fight, even despise these individuals from time to time.
Fortunately, there are mental health professionals who specialize in helping these couples to resolve these arguments, better understand the other’s perspective, and ultimately build a better foundation for their relationship. These professionals are called marriage counselors, and they have impressive knowledge, skills, and experience helping couples improve their marriage.
“You always gain by giving love.” –Reese Witherspoon
If your marriage is suffering or you simply want to build an even happier relationship with your spouse, reach out to Thriveworks Richmond, VA (Shockoe Bottom). We have marriage counselors who want to help you with your marriage struggles. To set up a marriage counseling appointment, call (804) 980-7242. We’re happy to offer treatment specific to your relationship needs.
Could My Marriage Benefit from Marriage Counseling?
Before couples go into marriage counseling or couples therapy, they often debate whether they really “need” it. The real question is, could your relationship benefit from professional and unbiased guidance? Most people would respond positively when the question is framed in this way. Now, the specific benefits can vary from couple to couple, as each relationship has different needs, problems, and goals. That being said, the marriage counselors at Thriveworks Richmond, VA (Shockoe Bottom) strive to provide the following for all of their clients:
- A safe space: Arguing with your spouse probably isn’t your favorite thing to do, but the occasional disagreement is actually a sign of a healthy relationship! It shows that you and your partner have your own opinions and feel comfortable sharing as well as debating those opinions. A marriage counselor can provide you with a safe, comfortable space for having these conversations and offer their own professional feedback, too.
- Helpful guidance and support: The marriage counselors at Thriveworks Richmond, VA (Shockoe Bottom) have worked hard to gain specific skills and knowledge in helping married couples. They will offer you and your spouse their professional guidance, based on their education, training, and experience. Not to mention, they will support you every step of the way.
Do you feel confident that your marriage could benefit if you and your spouse work with a marriage counselor? Are you still on the fence? Either way, consider reaching out to a marriage counselor. Most people who do seek and receive therapy only wish they had done so sooner! We can help you schedule a marriage counseling appointment or answer any questions you may have about our services.
Work with a Marriage Counselor at Thriveworks Richmond, VA (Shockoe Bottom)
Scheduling an appointment at Thriveworks Richmond, VA (Shockoe Bottom) is easy. Connect with one of our scheduling specialists by giving our office a call at (804) 980-7242. Your scheduling specialist will help you schedule a marriage counseling appointment at your earliest convenience.
We are dedicated to providing our clients with the best possible experience from start to finish. This is how we strive to accomplish this mission:
- We have exceptional providers: We only partner with the best of the best providers, or those with impressive skills, knowledge, and experience.
- Extended hours: Our providers offer appointments in the evenings and on the weekends, as they know that the normal daytime appointments don’t work for most people!
- Innovative technologies: Additionally, we offer innovative technologies like access to your counselor via phone or email for non-emergency, quick guidance.
- Flexible cancellations: Thriveworks also offers a 23.5-hour cancellation policy: Clients can move or cancel their appointment without a penalty, as long as they give us a 23.5-hour notice.
If these premium counseling benefits pique your interest, reach out today to schedule your marriage counseling appointment. The marriage counselors at Thriveworks Richmond, VA (Shockoe Bottom) are excited to work with you.