Have you heard the word “psychiatrist” tossed around before? Maybe you have a hazy idea of who they are and what they do, but you’re not completely sure. Psychiatrists are mental health professionals that help people treat and manage the symptoms of mental health disorders and conditions. They help everyday people like you get the care that they need to live more successful, fulfilling lives.
For some, mental health care might be intimidating. Perhaps you’re worried about what people in your life might think or say if you were to start talking with a professional. For others, you might feel skeptical about whether or not there’s any way that a psychiatrist or other type of provider can help you. But at Thriveworks in Pflugerville, TX, we know that anyone, at any stage in their lives can benefit from connecting with a mental health professional.
While deciding to reach out is up to you, we’d like to offer our online psychiatric services as a viable option; we’ve got industry-leading professionals who are dedicated to improving the quality of life of their clients. It’s just one of the many ways that Thriveworks helps people prioritize their mental health.
What Does a Psychiatrist Do? How Can They Help?
Psychiatrists are specialized types of mental health care providers. They have a unique professional background, one that allows them to treat more severe or persistent forms of mental conditions and disorders. Psychiatrists are set apart from ordinary counselors and therapists because they:
- Are medical doctors in addition to being licensed therapists
- Can prescribe helpful medication to assist clients in managing mental health conditions or disorders
- Can combine helpful medications with therapy to craft a unique treatment plan for clients
It’s understandable if you’re feeling like a psychiatry session sounds intimidating, especially knowing that they can prescribe you medicine, and knowing that they’re also doctors. But rest assured, they’re human beings before anything else. Like the other caring providers at Thriveworks in Pflugerville, TX, addressing your reservations and concerns is part of their job.
Psychiatry isn’t necessarily for everyone, though. Some of our clients find more benefit from connecting with a therapist or counselor through talk or behavioral therapy. Ultimately, whatever provider type you’re matched with, quality mental health care is what you’ll be provided with. If you’re dealing with racing thoughts, agitation, mood swings, or fatigue, you may be experiencing one of the common mental health disorders that our psychiatrists treat, such as:
- Generalized anxiety
- Major depression
- Postpartum depression
But if you’re not seeing a condition or disorder that you’re concerned about being listed—it’s okay. Our psychiatrists can help to diagnose whatever is bothering you.
The Many Benefits of Online Psychiatry
Online psychiatry is an effective, convenient, and secure way for people to get the psychiatric help they need, all without missing a step. Consider some of the benefits our online sessions can provide you with:
- There’s no need to travel to a brick-and-mortar office to fill a prescription or to attend a therapy session. As long as you’ve got a solid internet connection and somewhere private to talk with your psychiatrist, you’re set.
- Our clients have their own lives—some are caretaking elderly relatives or watching children. Online therapy is an easy way for them to find time to prioritize themselves, too.
- Anxiety: Let’s face it—meeting virtually can be a lot less stressful than meeting your provider in person. While we always strive to eliminate some of the stigma surrounding seeking mental health services, online therapy is a go-to resource for making psychiatric treatment as comfortable as possible.
What’s more, our online sessions still adhere to strict guidelines and regulations from both the APA and HIPAA. We make sure your information is safe so that you’ll be able to rest easy and get the most out of your meeting with your provider.
Schedule a Psychiatry Session with Thriveworks in Pflugerville, TX
As with any journey, sometimes the first steps are the most difficult. If it sounds like psychiatric services at Thriveworks in Pflugerville could benefit you, we hope to hear from you soon.
When you do call, we’ll have our scheduling specialists standing by to assist you. They’ll help you with everything from setting up your insurance to cover costs, to finding the right session times to match your lifestyle. And when you choose to enroll with us, you’ll discover a host of benefits that make Thriveworks the obvious provider choice:
- Be matched with a mental health professional that suits your unique needs.
- Enjoy a fast response time from your provider’s office. Most of our clients have their first session within 24-48 hours of calling in for the first time.
- Schedule your session online, or in-person.
- Gain access to our Therapy Buddy app.
- Ask a coach a question 24/7.
- Choose from flexible appointment options, including those in the evenings and on the weekends.
Prioritizing your mental health doesn’t need to wait. If you’re interested in connecting with a psychiatrist through Thriveworks in Pflugerville, give us a call.