A therapist has an education specifically rooted in therapeutic practice, approaches, techniques, and treatment. They cannot prescribe medications for clients, thought they often refer clients to psychiatrists for medication management. Psychiatrists are medically trained doctors who specialize in mental health treatment, mainly through medication management and prescription, though they can also practice therapy.
Like a lot of Texans, Mike’s got a love for BBQ. Each summer, he and his father start early, spending each weekend in June preparing for the annual cook-off that his family has competed in for generations. Mike enjoys the extra time he gets to spend with his aging dad, and even though they rarely talk about anything deeper than the weather, Mike knows that it’s a bonding experience that he’ll look forward to sharing with his own kids.
But Mike doesn’t have kids yet, and he hasn’t found his partner to have them with, either. In fact, he gets pretty anxious just thinking about all of the things that he hasn’t achieved in life yet, and comparing himself to where his father was at his age just draws out his insecurities. But his anxieties reached a pinnacle yesterday when, while distracted by his worries for the future, he accidentally backed into his dad’s grill. Realizing how much his mental health concerns detract from his ability to be present, Mike wants to make a difference by talking with a mental health professional.
Mike isn’t wrong—seeking assistance from a mental health professional can provide you with relief from the problems that have been troubling you. And for many, connecting with the psychiatrists at Thriveworks in Lubbock, TX can offer newfound stability and quality of life.
What Are Psychiatrists Exactly?
If you’re not familiar with what psychiatrists do, they’re:
- Medical doctors: Psychiatrists use their combined knowledge of medicine with their therapeutic background. They’re able to diagnose and treat many types of mental health disorders and conditions. The result is a unique and personalized client experience.
- Able to prescribe medication: Psychiatrists can prescribe helpful medications to their clients. These prescriptions assist people in managing their mental health issues. While not everyone will need prescription medicine, it’s just another unique way that psychiatry can benefit everyday people.
- Available online: We get it—you’re busy. It’s hard to find time to commute to a psychiatrist’s office while you’re working, balancing your family life, and trying to stay on top of other commitments you’ve made. With online psychiatry, say goodbye to not being able to prioritize your mental health needs because of a hectic schedule. Connect from home, the office, or really anywhere. As long as you have reliable internet and the ability to talk privately, online psychiatry can go with you anywhere.
Our psychiatric team in Lubbock, TX makes getting quality mental health care easier than ever. Though psychiatry may sound a bit more intense than talking with a therapist or counselor, the truth is that psychiatrists are expert listeners, and will make sure to address your concerns and worries.
Because of their specialized background, psychiatrists are often better equipped to help people mitigate and manage the symptoms of more severe or persistent mental health disorders like:
- Social anxiety
- Eating disorders
- Alcoholism or drug abuse
- And many other mental health conditions
And if you don’t see an issue or concern that you’re facing listed above, don’t worry. These are just some of the different topics that our psychiatry team can assist you with.
What Are the Benefits of Online Psychiatry?
Our modern lives are busier than ever, and online psychiatry through Thriveworks in Lubbock, TX allows you to get the care you need, from anywhere with reliable internet and somewhere private to talk. Online psychiatric services might be appealing if you want to:
- Eliminate the need to commute to a brick-and-mortar location. If you have reliable internet and a private space to talk with your psychiatrist, you’re set. Attend your session from home, the office—wherever.
- Prioritize your mental health, even if you have a busy work or travel schedule. Parents or those taking care of elder relatives can have the opportunity to take care of themselves, too
- Reduce the anxiety you might feel about seeking mental health services. When you’re able to talk from the location of your choice, it can be easier to discuss concepts or situations related to your mental health needs.
Schedule an Online Psychiatry Session with Thriveworks in Lubbock, TX
If you’re ready to partner with a psychiatrist and move forward towards better mental health, we encourage you to call our office in Lubbock, TX today to get started. Our scheduling specialists are available seven days a week; and with their help in setting up your insurance, finding a psychiatrist, even finding the right session time, getting the support and stability you need has never been easier.
While it might seem like prioritizing our mental health needs is something we don’t have time for, the truth is that it can make a big difference. Our psychiatry program in Lubbock, TX is ready to team up with you.