Name a place on the map—Amanda’s been there. As a nature photographer, she’s always been captivated by new views, exotic places, and the customs of the people living there. She considers herself fortunate, too: she gets to travel to areas most people watch on documentaries or dream about. But being a globe traveler isn’t all she thought it would turn out to be. In fact, Amanda sometimes feels pretty run down, jet lag aside.
She has some close work colleagues, and they’ve all been supportive of her proactive work ethic, but still notice she leaves little time to herself. As she’s nearing the end of her 20’s, Amanda’s starting to realize she’s been neglecting her mental health, and as though she’s following a piece of string through a labyrinth, she’s getting lost just trying to understand where her deep-seated feelings of anxiety and apathy are coming from. Like most people, she knows depression and anxiety are real disorders that affect people, but she’s not really sure if she has the time or energy to talk with a professional.
If you’re feeling the way that Amanda does about getting mental health services, then Thriveworks in Lubbock, TX would like to help change your mind. One of the ways we make mental health care accessible to everyone is through our online therapy and counseling services. Even if you’re not getting stamps in your passport as frequently as Amanda, that doesn’t mean that you can’t benefit from counseling or therapy sessions that are convenient, secure, and private.
What Is Online Therapy and Counseling? How Can It Help Me?
Online therapy and counseling is the modern choice in mental health services. It allows people to connect with our mental health professionals in Lubbock, TX in order to lead more fulfilling lives while making sure that their mental health needs are met. Online therapy is a great choice for those who suffer from:
- Problems related to low self-esteem or self-worth
- Stress that’s related to work or finances
- Avoidant behaviors/conflict resolution
- Anxiety, or obsessive thoughts (random or situation-specific)
- Difficulties processing negative emotions
- Dealing with the loss of a family member or friend
- Relationship issues, family counseling
Our mental health professionals help to treat these issues and conditions just as they would in an in-person session: with attentive care, active listening, and therapeutic methods that are designed to produce results. Many people feel a large amount of stigma attached to seeking mental health services, but being able to connect virtually may help to reduce any lingering anxiety you may have. An important factor to keep in mind is that our providers aren’t going to judge you, choose sides (if you’re in group therapy), or berate you for your shortcomings. Their job is to help lift you up, providing stability and support, while you both determine the best path forward for your mental health.
Online therapy can be beneficial if you would rather:
- Meet with your therapist anywhere, as long as you have a solid internet connection and a private space to speak during your session
- Avoid the anxiety that arises for some during in-person sessions
- Engage with your provider over the phone or video as you both explore the sources and effects of anxiety, sadness, relationship issues, and more
If you’re still worried about finding the right time to fit your session in, don’t worry. Our scheduling specialists are available seven days a week. They’ll provide you assistance and a real human voice while you team up with them to find the right session time, provider type, and location to schedule your sessions at. Even if there isn’t a provider in your immediate area, we’re dedicated to providing you with quality mental health care through online therapy.
Connect with an Online Therapist or Counselor with Thriveworks in Lubbock, TX
Don’t let fears related to stigma or scheduling conflicts keep you from connecting with one of our providers. Taking the time to get in touch with your mental health is a great way to invest in yourself. And when you do, you may notice the beneficial effect it might have on your relationships, hobbies, goals, and dreams. Plus, Thriveworks offers a host of benefits that other providers might not have, like:
- Weekend and evening session times
- The ability to talk with a life coach via our q&a chat
- Access to an electronic copy of “Leaving Depression Behind”, and other valuable mental health resources
- Flexible 23.5 hour cancellations (call 23.5 hours before your appointment to avoid being charged)
- No waitlist
You’re probably on your phone or computer right now—so why not make the most of how technology connects us and reach out to a therapist or counselor with Thriveworks in Lubbock, TX. We’re excited to help you start working towards better mental health.