Jamie misses her father, whom she lost just a few months ago. His passing seems to have affected everything—she broke up with her boyfriend, stopped spending time with her family and friends, and even struggles to walk her dog.
Nothing feels right after losing her dad. She wants to reclaim just a sliver of normalcy, but it’s as though the world hasn’t stopped to let her catch her breath. That’s why Jamie’s considering grief counseling as a way to start making progress once more, a way to process her father’s death.
Perhaps you can relate to Jamie, even if the circumstances aren’t quite the same. grief counseling at Thriveworks Lubbock, TX is designed to help individuals from all walks of life to recover and reflect on their lives and mental health following a significant loss.
If you’re looking to partner together with an industry-leading provider who understands the effects of grief and loss, schedule your first session today.
Do I Need Grief Therapy?
Attending grief counseling (or grief therapy, as it is sometimes called) is typically a choice you’ll make on your own. It might seem tempting to keep what you feel bottled in, and we get that. But working with a therapist has a lot of perks, maybe some that you’ve not even considered.
When working with a mental health professional in grief counseling sessions, you’ll be able to tackle and work through some of the worst grief can throw at you, including:
- Depressive thoughts
- Poor mood
- Low appetite
- Difficulty sleeping
- Social isolation and loneliness
- And many other unique consequences of significant loss
If you’re feeling any of the above symptoms, it’s possible that you could really benefit from talking with someone via grief counseling at Thriveworks Lubbock, TX. Our professional counselors understand how grief works, and have the experience needed to help guide you toward healing and healthier coping skills.
How Does Grief Therapy Work?
As mentioned before, you’ll attend sessions in-person (or through online therapy, if you’d rather) with your grief counselor. They may use one or more of the following counseling methods to treat your symptoms:
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) is a therapeutic approach which assists clients in processing the impact of grief and/or a significant loss or life event. ACT can help you to realistically accept the source of your grief, and commit to making the changes needed (with a therapist’s help, of course!) to cope in a healthy manner.
- Family or Group Therapy is often an effective way for families, coworkers, friends, and other groups to collectively talk through the symptoms of grief and the shared impact of a significant loss. Family therapy and group therapy can work to reduce feelings of isolation and loneliness, and reinforce interpersonal connections.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) is one of the most popular forms of therapy, and can particularly effective at helping clients to identify depressive thoughts, triggers of anger, or even feelings of disbelief or denial during the grieving process. When CBT is used as a grief counseling treatment, it will help you to identify and change unconscious and unconscious thought patterns that can negatively influence your behavior and emotions.
Advantages to Online Grief Counseling
The advantages of online therapy at Thriveworks Lubbock are a compelling reason to consider this virtual option over traditional sessions. You might want to consider online grief counseling if you’re:
- Frequently traveling
- Often home watching kids or elderly relatives
- Have health restrictions or mobility issues that make in-person sessions an inconvenience
- In favor of meeting a counselor for grief counseling sessions from the comfort of your home
- Are attending with other relatives or loved ones in different states
Regardless of the reasons you might choose, online grief counseling is another safe, effective, and reliable method of recovery when it comes to treating the symptoms of grief and loss.
How to Find Grief Counseling in Lubbock, TX
You can book your first grief counseling session with Thriveworks Lubbock, TX online, or simply give us a call to get started. We’re ready to start helping you move forward in the wake of a significant loss, and offer compelling benefits that other providers struggle to provider, including:
- We make therapy and psychiatry affordable—we’re in network with insurance
- Compassionate care from experts in the mental health field
- Schedule your session easily over the phone with our support team
- Meet with a therapist in person at our Lubbock, TX office today—or online, with virtual video therapy options
- Get high-quality therapy and psychiatry from expert mental health professionals
Don’t wait another day if you’re feeling lost, confused, and overwhelmed by the symptoms of grief. grief counseling offers a light in the dark—from Thriveworks therapists who understand and can offer lasting therapeutic solutions.