Jamie and her boyfriend Reese have been having difficulties talking with each other. While both of them admittedly have been avoidant about certain things in the past, things have started to get worse recently. In fact, Jamie is worried that Reese is losing interest in their relationship. She wants to do something about their situation, though. In order to be proactive, Jamie is considering whether she and her boyfriend could benefit from talking to a couples therapist about the issues they’re experiencing.
After dinner the other evening, she broached the subject with Reese. He was at first surprised that his partner was interested in talking with a mental health professional. But after some thinking, Reese feels like he agrees with Jamie—if they want to preserve their relationship, taking proactive measures to do so sounds like a good idea. They’re both on board, and are eager to connect with a couples therapist to get the help they need.
Jamie and Reese aren’t alone—whether we like it or not, romantic relationships aren’t always a walk in the park. And sometimes, partners need support and assistance to find solid ground again after things have veered off course. At Thriveworks in Lubbock, TX, we’d like to offer you that support while you and your partner reconnect with the guidance of one of our couples therapists or relationship counselors. With their help, you and the one you love can correct unhealthy dynamics and rekindle the bond you share.
What Are the Benefits of Couples Therapy or Marriage Counseling?
Even though talking with a mental health professional is an independent choice that both you and your partner will have to make, teaming up with a counselor or therapist can offer you ways to cope with anger, frustration, and even help you to communicate better. Our providers in Lubbock, TX can assist you as you both:
- Establish healthy boundaries
- Highlight the importance and need for compromise
- Rebuild trust after infidelity or dishonesty
- Rekindle sexual intimacy together
- Help both partners manage anger or anxiety
Marriage counselors and couples therapists are committed to helping you to preserve your relationship and to improve the quality of your connection. That’s why being open to talking with them is so important—it can open the door to personalized mental health care that fits your unique relationship and its dynamics.
Should We Talk to a Couples Therapist?
Ultimately, the decision is up to you and your partner as to whether or not you should seek mental health services. But with that in mind, there are several common signs that might indicate that a relationship’s dynamics have soured, including:
- Arguments that last for hours or days
- Passive-aggressive or abusive behavior
- Inability to respect each other’s boundaries
- Avoiding physical touch or sex
- Lying and other forms of emotional manipulation
If you and the one you love are experiencing any of the above symptoms, it might be helpful to reach out to connect with a mental health professional at Thriveworks in Lubbock, TX. Keep in mind—there’s no shame in confiding in a couples therapist or marriage counselor about the issues you’re faced with. It may be helpful to view seeking mental health services as a proactive way to preserve the relationship that both of you benefit from.
Schedule Relationship Counseling Today at Thriveworks in Lubbock, TX
When you both decide that couples therapy or marriage counseling is right for you, our counselors and therapists at Thriveworks in Lubbock, TX will be here to support you. And when you call our office to connect with a mental health professional, consider that most of our clients attend their first session within 24-48 hours of first contacting us. Reach out to us to start the membership process—as a member, you’ll be able to unlock a host of great benefits, including:
- Online therapy: With online therapy, moving your relationship forward doesn’t need to be held up by your busy schedule or time spent apart for work or travel. As long as you can talk privately, and get access to the internet, you and your partner can still attend sessions together.
- Scheduling assistance 7 days a week: Our scheduling specialists are available every day of the week, helping you find the right counselor to fit your needs and the schedule that fits both of your lives.
- 23.5-hour cancellations: If something comes up or you aren’t feeling well, rest assured that you won’t be charged for missing your session, as long as you give us a 23.5-hour notice.
- Life coach q/a chat line: For those questions that can’t wait until your next session.
Our romantic relationships can be a source of fulfillment and love and are often incredibly rewarding. However, when issues arise, it’s important to prioritize getting the help you need to keep moving forward. If you and your partner are interested in talking with a marriage counselor or couples therapist about your relationship issues, call Thriveworks in Lubbock, TX today.