Whether we like it or not, romantic relationships aren’t always a walk in the park. And sometimes, partners need support and assistance to find solid ground again after things have veered off course. Couples therapy and marriage counseling can be a great resource for partners who want to improve their relationship but might not know where to start.
If you and your partner want to improve your dynamic and are wondering, “Is there couples therapy near me?”, Thriveworks Lubbock can help. At Thriveworks in Lubbock, TX, we’d like to offer you support while you and your partner reconnect with the guidance of one of our couples therapists or relationship counselors. Using their professional experience and evidence-based practices, our therapists can help you and the one you love correct unhealthy dynamics and rekindle the bond you share.
What Is Couples Therapy? What Is Marriage Counseling?
Couples therapy is a form of psychotherapy that focuses on improving the relationship between partners. Similarly, marriage counseling does the same—provides a space and structure for couples to work out their issues and improve their relationship—but is more specifically for married couples.
Even though talking with a mental health professional is an independent choice that both you and your partner will have to make, teaming up with a counselor or therapist can offer you ways to cope with anger, frustration, and even help you to communicate better. Our providers in Lubbock, TX can assist you as you both:
- Establish healthy boundaries
- Highlight the importance and need for compromise
- Rebuild trust after infidelity or dishonesty
- Rekindle sexual intimacy together
- Help both partners manage anger or anxiety
Marriage counselors and couples therapists are committed to helping you to preserve your relationship and to improve the quality of your connection. That’s why being open to talking with them is so important—it can open the door to personalized mental health care that fits your unique relationship and its dynamics.
Do I Need Relationship Counseling?
Ultimately, the decision is up to you and your partner as to whether or not you should seek mental health services. But with that in mind, there are several common signs that might indicate that a relationship’s dynamics have soured, including:
- Arguments that last for hours or days
- Passive-aggressive or abusive behavior
- Inability to respect each other’s boundaries
- Avoiding physical touch or sex
- Lying and other forms of emotional manipulation
If you and the one you love are experiencing any of the above symptoms, it might be helpful to reach out to connect with a mental health professional at Thriveworks in Lubbock, TX. There’s no shame in confiding in a couples therapist or marriage counselor about the issues you’re faced with. It may be helpful to view seeking mental health services as a proactive way to preserve the relationship that both of you benefit from.
Schedule with Thriveworks Today: Marriage Counseling in Lubbock, TX
When you both decide that couples therapy or marriage counseling is right for you, our counselors and therapists at Thriveworks in Lubbock, TX will be here to support you.Reach out to us to start the scheduling process—as a client, you’ll be able to unlock a host of great benefits, including:
- Online therapy: With online therapy, moving your relationship forward doesn’t need to be held up by your busy schedule or time spent apart for work or travel. As long as you can talk privately, and get access to the internet, you and your partner can still attend sessions together. Thriveworks offers both in-person and online therapy options.
- Quick and easy online booking: You can take the power into your own hands and schedule a session with the couples therapist that’s right for you, quickly and easily online.
- Scheduling assistance 7 days a week: If you’d prefer to schedule by phone, our scheduling specialists are available every day of the week, helping you find the right counselor to fit your needs and the schedule that fits both of your lives.
- We take insurance: Our therapists take most major insurance as well as provide self-pay alternatives, giving you affordable therapy options.
Our romantic relationships can be a source of fulfillment and love and are often incredibly rewarding. However, when issues arise, it’s important to prioritize getting the help you need to keep moving forward. If you and your partner are interested in talking with a marriage counselor or couples therapist about your relationship issues, book online or call Thriveworks in Lubbock, TX today.