Middletown Psychiatry—Psychiatrists in Delaware
Anxiety. Depression. Grief. Stress. These are all mental illnesses and disorders that can bog you down and prevent you from living the successful, happy life you envision. They’re also difficult to manage on your own, no matter the severity or concern at hand.
It doesn’t matter if you’ve been battling a mental disorder for several months or several years. There gets to be a point where you’ve had enough of being held back from living a happy and successful life. If you’re struggling with a mental illness, you might benefit from talking to a psychiatrist.
At Thriveworks Counseling in Middletown, DE, we have psychiatrists and psychiatric nurse practitioners who have the training, education, and expertise to help their clients take the medications they need safely and effectively. At our office, we are dedicated to providing you with the uplifting, accessible care you deserve. If you are experiencing a mental health condition and feel like you might benefit from talking to a psychiatrist, consider reaching out to our office today.
Why Do I Need Medication Management?
“Do I know how much medication I should be taking?” “Are my current medications going to be negatively affected by a new medication?”
These are essential questions to answer when thinking about starting a new medication. Luckily, a psychiatrist can answer those questions in addition to providing you all of the information you need. If you do end up meeting with a nurse practitioner or psychiatrist about a prescription medication, be sure to:
- Discuss any allergies or issues you have had with past medications
- Understand how much of the medication you should be taking, at what time of the day, and with or without food
- Disclose any and all medications you are currently on
- Continue to take your medication exactly as prescribed
- Speak with your provider if you have any questions or concerns about the medication you are on
Don’t worry, your provider will be sure to touch on all of the above. Here at Thriveworks Counseling in Middletown, we are client-focused and understand the importance of a partnership in your mental health journey. No matter the question, concern, or topic you’d like to discuss, our psychiatrists and nurse practitioners are only a phone call away.
What Disorders Can Be Treated Through Psychiatry?
At Thriveworks Counseling in Middletown, our team of psychiatrists is highly trained to diagnose and treat a wide range of mental health disorders. Some of the more common areas you can expect them to treat include:
- Eating Disorders: Anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, binge eating
- Personality Disorders: Borderline personality disorder, narcissistic personality disorder, paranoid personality disorder
- Mood Disorders: Bipolar disorder, major depressive disorder, minor depressive disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder
- Anxiety Disorders: Generalized anxiety disorder, social anxiety disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, panic disorder
- Learning Disorders: Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), autism spectrum disorder, dyslexia
We understand that you might not even know what you’re battling. If you’re experiencing unusual symptoms or emotional unrest, our psychiatrists can assess you and provide you with an accurate diagnosis. Here are some signs and symptoms to be on the lookout for:
- Experiencing hallucinations or delusions
- Anxiety, worry, and fear
- Difficulty concentrating, paying attention, or remembering things
- Suicidal thoughts or actions of self-harm
- Obsessively thinking
- Difficulty adjusting after major life changes, stress, or loss
- Substance abuse or addiction
- Thoughts of hurting other people or yourself
To treat these symptoms and disorders, your psychiatrist may conduct both laboratory and psychological testing to help discern the cause of your symptoms and provide a professional assessment of your mental wellbeing.
Schedule With a Psychiatrist at Thriveworks Counseling in Middletown, DE
If you’re here, it means that you’re ready to take the next step in bettering your mental health. We understand that this isn’t an easy decision. We’re glad to be here to help you thrive.
At Thriveworks Counseling in Middletown, DE, we offer extended appointment hours, flexible cancellations, a no waitlist policy, support seven days a week, and more. When you’re ready to schedule your appointment, give our office a call at (302) 703-0979.