Portland Online Counseling—Virtual Therapy in Maine
A meeting that ran late at work has you rushing to get home by dinner. Your toddler was just caught cutting their hair in the bathroom. Your partner is annoyed that you came home late and they weren’t able to go to the gym. It feels like every day, the feelings of worthlessness and stress grow stronger and stronger.
The reality is, we all have bad days. There are things that upset us, make us angry, frustrate us, disappoint us, and make us sad. The challenges we encounter can affect our overall mood and functioning. But, it’s okay! Going through hardships is virtually impossible to avoid. Instead of letting those tough times get the best of us, it’s smart to reach out for some extra guidance and support. That’s why mental health experts like counselors, coaches, psychologists, and therapists are expertly trained to help us get through our difficult emotions and challenging situations.
At Thriveworks Counseling in Portland, ME, our mental health professionals can help you when those difficulties of life become too overwhelming. And they can offer this help in a virtual environment.
You can gain stress management tools, parenting advice, communication skills, and more, all from the comfort of home. If you’re sick of that internal voice telling you that you’re worthless, consider talking to an online therapist at Thriveworks in Portland, ME. We’re here to provide you with the support to overcome your hardships and start living a better life. To schedule an appointment, give our office a call. We’ll be here!
Do I Need Online Counseling?
The truth is, everyone could use a little help from time to time. No matter how old you are, where you’re from, or what your concerns are, working with a trusted therapist, counselor, or another mental health professional can prove to be very beneficial to your overall well being. Take these scenarios, for example:
- Tynell’s grandmother recently passed away and it hit him pretty hard. His grandmother was a rock in his life and now, without her, he doesn’t know how to move forward. He’s tried putting his energy into his hobbies and work, but he frequently gets upset and depressed. He knows he can’t bring her back, but he can’t help but think about her still living down the street from him. Tynell decides to talk to a grief counselor about what he’s going through.
- Cat and Austin are both school teachers. They work long hours and put a lot of hard work and money into their professions. Getting home at a reasonable time (and not being exhausted when they do) is not a normal thing for them. They’ve been talking about wanting to start a family of their own, but it doesn’t seem like a good idea because of everything else going on. The stress and tension are starting to take a toll on their relationship. Cat and Austin decide to work with a marriage counselor and find healthy ways to cope with their work/life balance together.
Fortunately, there are mental health experts who specialize in many different fields and can help us work through our respective challenges. And online counseling makes this help even more accessible and valuable. Our counselors, coaches, and therapists at Thriveworks in Portland, ME can help you work through the above problems, and more, through:
- Stress management counseling
- Family therapy
- Child therapy
- Couples therapy
- Depression therapy
- Anxiety therapy
- Career counseling and coaching
- Trauma therapy
- Anger management counseling
- Divorce therapy
Our team of skilled, compassionate providers is able to help their clients with virtually any mental health issue that they discuss in their sessions. If there is something weighing heavy on your mind, consider reaching out today to begin online counseling.
What to Expect from Online Therapy at Thriveworks in Portland
When you choose to work with Thriveworks, you can feel at ease knowing that you will receive a customized, comprehensive treatment plan that’s specific to you and your needs.
Our team of mental health professionals is dedicated to uplifting you and providing you with the tools and skills you need to move forward and live the life you want. Some of the things you can expect to accomplish during your time in online counseling are:
- Better communication skills
- Effective problem-solving techniques
- Deepened trust
- Improved relationships
- Coping mechanisms
- And more!
We want to help each and every person we meet with live better. And that includes you. Work on the above and more in telephone or video sessions today.
Schedule a Session at Thriveworks Counseling in Portland, ME
We are ready to see you as soon as you feel ready. When you want to take the next step, simply give our office a call or click over to our online scheduling portal. We offer same- and next-day appointments, online counseling options, phone and email access to your provider between sessions, no waitlist, exclusive video content, free e-books, and more. See for yourself!
We’re here for you. Let us help you thrive!