Accountability Coach—Counselors and Life Coaches at Thriveworks Newton, MA
We often forget just how important goal-setting is… but the truth is that working toward meaningful goals plays a vital role in your health and wellbeing. When you don’t have any goals to work toward—when you stand stagnant for too long—you put yourself at risk of experiencing some unwanted and uncomfortable feelings: restlessness, loneliness, even self-consciousness. How could this have such a profound effect on your happiness? It’s all about the human need to move forward and continue finding fulfillment in life.
The funny thing, though, is we get in our own way. We often lack the motivation to work toward our goals, and we suffer as a result. Fortunately, however, there’s a solution to this problem: working with an accountability coach at Thriveworks Newton. An accountability coach is basically your own personal motivator. They’ll make sure you stay on track with your goals, and they’ll do what they can to help you achieve them. If this sounds like something you could benefit from, you don’t have to wait a moment longer. You can schedule a session with a Thriveworks accountability coach right now. Just give us a call!
How Can an Accountability Coach Help Me Reach My Goals?
What does an accountability coach sound like? If you said a coach who keeps you accountable, you would be correct! That’s right, an accountability coach is exactly as it sounds. It’s a life coach who makes sure you’re sticking to your goals. These could include little duties around the house, deadlines at work, and bigger picture goals (like eating healthier or writing a book!). It sounds simple enough, but you shouldn’t undercut its importance.
Think about it: what’s the biggest obstacle in the way of your achieving your goal(s)? More often than not, it’s a lack of motivation. Your accountability coach will serve as your motivator; they’ll give you that little nudge (or big nudge) whenever you need it and keep you on the right track. When you meet with your accountability coach initially, the two of you can discuss the functionality of your partnership. You’ll answer significant questions like:
1. What kind of process do you want to put in place? This is your accountability coach. You get to decide their role in your life. Do you want to meet with them each week about your goals? Would you prefer they call you every few days to check in? Discuss this with your coach.
2. How will you keep track of your progress? Your accountability coach will work to keep you accountable and on track, BUT that doesn’t mean you’re completely off the hook. It’s important you keep tabs on your progress, so you can look back and see where you’re at as far as how far you’ve come whenever you need! Your coach will help you get started with a journal or excel sheet.
3. What are the consequences if you fail to reach a goal? It might be tough, but it’s important to put measures in place for when you don’t reach a goal. Otherwise, you’re more likely to forget about or neglect the goal altogether. So talk with your accountability coach and come to an agreement on what you have to do if you hit a little bump in the road.
Should I Consult an Accountability Coach?
Accountability coaches focus on keeping you accountable in more ways than one, but they can supplement your life in additional ways as well. For example, they can offer helpful tips for mapping out clear goals that you can actually achieve. A common key to doing so is creating S.M.A.R.T. goals: yes, “smart” goals, but S.M.A.R.T. actually stands for specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and time-bound. Here’s a little more depth:
- Specific: If you want to actually achieve your goal, you need to clearly define it. It should be a strong, unambiguous goal.
- Measurable: Your goals should also be measurable: do you have a clear means for measuring your progress? If not, how will you know if you’re getting closer?
- Attainable: Of course you want your goal to be attainable—but what exactly does that mean? Make your goal realistic. Not too out of reach, but also don’t undercut your potential.
- Relevant: Furthermore, your goal should be relevant. Does it fit with your values? Your goal should fit into your master plan and mission.
- Time-Bound: And finally, you need to define your time constraints. When do you want to achieve this goal by? What will your progress look like?
This is just a brief rundown of S.M.A.R.T. goals. If you decide you want to work with one of our coaches, they will walk you through the process.
Scheduling an Appointment at Thriveworks Newton
Do you think you could benefit from working with an accountability coach? Somebody that will give you that little nudge and push you to be a better you? If you’re ready, our providers are ready to make a profound difference in your life. They’ll use their skills and their caring nature to positively impact your growth and momentum in life. All you have to do is give us a call at (617) 992-2827 and a scheduling specialist will get you all set up. We hope to hear from you soon!